Comments

• Personally, I'm largely ok with this, and it does present the "Go to a portal and destroy it to send all those Drones home" concept 😁

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m really excited for this new layer. Super cool!

Question, will we be able to see who’s drone is on the portal or just which faction? I of course understand it could be used for specific Agent targeting but it would just be kind of interesting.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Stoked they're allowing retroactive numbers to be added. Right now, my medal shows as locked, even though I'm eligible for the silver version. Did a drone hack, number changed, medal still shows as locked.

• ATR0P0SATR0P0S ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

I believe that it will just be the Faction of the drones owner that will be visible to other Agents, the identity (IGN) of a drones owner will not be available to other Agents

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it. But now i dont get the medal when i make over 250 drone hacks.

Please relese the bug soon @NianticBrian

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Complete an action and recheck. I did a drone hack and immediately received the medal toast notification.

• Anyway, the badge is still locked 🤔

I'll try again in an hour, but like I said, I did the hack. I've restarted twice as well. Everything else seems to be working normally

• Tengo la mía! Gracias. 🤩

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

really fun update i enjoy this :D cool to see other factions drones.

There are many events already that had reduced cooldowns on drone hacking, down to 10 minutes, so, I'm guessing someone wityh enough obsession and time could have it done in less than a year

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭

Great, they finally made Drones useful (at least for the ones who already have maxed out Soujourner). And I like that the medal is less demanding than Hacker's (I'm still at 22k with this one, lol).

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

Question: If I see a drone and neutralise the portal that it’s on and send it home, will I get a notification in comms to say “TheAuraStorm returned AgentX’s drone to agent”?

Or will I just notice that the new stat for drones I’ve sent home would increase?

And on the flip side, if my drone is sent back to me, will I be notified of who it was?

Thanks.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

If I understood Brian's comment correctly, you'll get a COMM notification of who sent the drone back to you. I don't think you'll get a notification if you are recalling someone's drone

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the badge & new look of the drone. I wonder if:

• There will be further customisation options with the Drone now, change it’s style and look
    • There will be a “Enemy Drones Destroyed” badge in future.

Please relese anti aliasing soon. The new drone looks very pixel now on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

@NianticBrian

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

So I think the limiting factor here (compared to Guardian hunting) is that you only see the faction of the drone, and not the individual agent name. Given the amount of distance a drone can travel and for those of us who are doing distance droning as opposed to for the occasional l8 portal hack, it's difficult to hunt down where you're going if you aren't capping portals you're jumping to at each interval.

So far, from what I can see, you also don't see how many drones are at a portal. It could be 1, it could be 8.

• I'd love to see this as well. Allowing customization with retro drone style in yellow (default), blue (Resistance), and green (Enlightened) to start out would be amazing.

Very nice if we can pay in store for lots of new skins to drone. Sometimes Niantic can relese 1 free skin on event if we comple gold or onyx.

• I wonder if this will encourage standing farms again, since they're less likely to be destroyed and have a higher level portal.