New color and slightly redesigned design for Hackstreak Onyx Medal

HopeaKotkaHopeaKotka ✭✭✭✭

Here are current Hackstreak Medals:

Proposal for a new Onyx Medal design:

With a new design the Onyx Medal is more in line with the rest of Statistic Badges.

Comments

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭

The most recent onix medals are no longer entirely black and are following the design of the Resonance medal, a new style: faded black.

Since the black Medal of Resurgence (and its lack of frame) it was getting weird.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

atleast the plat and onyx should be a little darker imo.

• I'm kinda not a fan of the gloss effect on the Bronze, Silver and Gold ones, still. But I do like seeing the classic level markers returned to the border.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

We're dealing with several different art teams in the past 10 years. I think the inconsistency shows the different teams/time periods of Ingress.

• Plus they made a distinct choice to change the appearance of the badges at one stage, which is why Onyx Guardian still looks like it did. It was never updated.

I do think the Onyx tier is too "silvery" though, for Epoch.

• Indeed, same thing for year 8 medal while year 9 black intensity is as expected. Maverick medal design should be reviewed as well...

• CalliLamorosoCalliLamoroso ✭✭
    edited June 2022

Still that even the recent ones are not consistent. If you compare medals of years 8 and 9 for example. Year 8 is a faded black and with year 9 we are back to "old school" onyx style. So difficult to find a rational.

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Art style is one thing, but they could at least keep colouring consistent.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

bronze silver and gold looks fine, its the plat and onyx that should be have a little better colors and stand out from the others as its now they dont... onyx too silverish..

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭✭

Yep it needs to be less like a platinum badge , but watch this post make no difference, I respect you for trying.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll sign this one

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I really like the suggested changes. And anything that makes silver versus platinum more visible would also be a good thing.

• Yep the colour should bee changed