Remember to review my George Floyd banner

phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Last July I submitted a George Flloyd banner.

It still wasnt reviewed by December, so I resubmitted it.

Its still not reviewed.

As the trial just rendered a verdict, again it would be nice to have this banner reviewed, so we'd have a mission to remember this event.

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Reviewing your older topic:

Is it possible that some kind of word trigger has put your mission in purgatory? It's very odd for a mission to still be in the review queue and I'm just thinking of possible reasons.

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

If that were it, it would be quickly rejected.

I would prefer keep his name in the title, because remembering his name is part of the point, but it did occur to me that a persons name might be rejected so when I resubmitted I changed it, and then description, to be less specific.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Missions will likely be rejected if the title and/or description uses names of people, living or not

Or if the picture is of a person's face

Its not rejected. Its just not reviewed. Its been 9 months.

I've done a few banners with peoples faces and not had a problem. The banner I got approved just before this one was fauci

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a ton of examples otherwise, though of course there are a ton of examples of approved missions that break all kinds of published rules.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that we can't have banners that commemorate historical figure? Can you point to the section of the published rules that mentions that?

P.S. the lovely commemorative banner for the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg is top of my list for banners to do the next time I'm in DC.

If Niantic feel BLM is too controversial, they can reject my banner.

Re P.S. I plan to make one here for RBG, so we dont have to travel.

But all mission authoring is on hold, until Niantic start reviewing my missions.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Missions that center on history or historical figures are explicitly allowed by the Mission Acceptance Criteria. Even though it's recent history I believe that people like George Floyd are currently and will continue to be important historical figures. Pop culture missions are also explicitly allowed, and it seems likely that missions and banners that celebrate famous people would be allowed.

I'm looking at my missions (not banners) now and I see images of Freddie Mercury (a mission I created), Lee Harvey Oswald, Salvador Dali, Weird Al Yankovic, Joe Philley, and Jack London. Unfortunately I can't correct an error in the Joe Philley mission (two portals with the same name are reversed) because the correction gets rejected despite having gotten explicit permission from Niantic to create it.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

They have BLM beacons - I doubt they think it's controversial.

The coding for missions hasn't been touched since they launched in 2014 - I just am wondering why yours is in an odd situation. @NianticBrian is it possible that this can be reviewed?