Problematic player in Washington state

ColdfireBlitzColdfireBlitz ✭✭
edited April 2021 in General

For about 6 years, this player and he's one of three here with names like that, formerly "e. ", has been harassing myself (ColdfireBlitz), Crixiest, and GrimLich in real life as we play the game. Tonight, he pulled over and stopped us from moving, and we had to call the police. Can we please mass-report him or target his portals (if you're in the area, of course) until he leaves? He also has a past history of aggressiveness issues, and I think this game will be safer if he stops playing, one way or another. Thanks if you can help.

Post edited by NianticKK on

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Sounds like a similar player in our cell with irl threats and harassment since last summer when it first started with a physical attack on one of our local Res players, we have sent in reports to niantic but seems nothing happens. They should tell if both factions work together to get this player banned niantic should see how many reports sent in and blocked in comm tells something right ? I would advice u to report again to support be detailed etc.... its hard for niantic to know somethin that happens irl outside comm but they should think outside box when a player is reported over and over again for irl harassment and threats then according to TOS such player needs to get perm banned from the game.

Tell everyone to block the player in comm, dont write anything as niantic can see how many agents has blocked a certain player, they also use this when u report see how many have blocked as its an indicator.

I wish niantic acted faster and harder on these reports as the game does not need players who are not mentally stable in head playing the game destroy for others and be physical and harassing thats not what this game is about.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Send your police report to Niantic Support. This may leads to a 30-day ban at least if there exists violence. If you want the problematic player to be banned you need to file reports collectively i.e. by more than 7 players silmutaneously in your area.

I'm on your side about disclosing problematic players. But I don't agree with you on asking forum users to help doing the reports together with you because we could not identify whether your saying is true or not and by doing that kind of reports, players that are in other area and not affected are abu.sing the support channel. I personally have seen some cases with saying that some mentally unstable players send fake reports and photoshopped materials to get normal players banned, though it may not be your case.

Plus a bunch of "hey stop naming and shaming other players" saying is right on the way. Get prepared for it.

Post edited by TheKingEngine on
    edited April 2021

Misleading suggestion from my perspective. "How many agents blocked that player" as an indicator is used and only used in COMM har.assment report according to my experience. OP is talking about har.assment in reality and do the blocking campaign would be not that much helpful.

It seems that Niantic Support determines whether to put players on probation because of "har.assment on the field" not by this indicator but the proof of existence of such behavior. There are some posts talking about "account ban because of actions on the field" on the forum.

The most important thing for OP is to gather more people (at least 7 to 10) to file the report with sound proof at the same time. It's "how many players filed the report together" that matters, not "how many people blocked the player being reported" that matters in this case.

By the way it's interesting to see that you keep doing massive disagree when another player asking for help from the forum for similar problems and problematic players https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/13982/niantic-support-please-stop-conniving-brainsick-f-words-speaking-players-in-ingress-comm/p1 but put empathy here in this case.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Niantic checks on reports how many agents blocked a player, an indication that can help maybe because irl is hard to prove but if many reports on same agents and alot agents has blocked that should send niantic a message about problematic players. If not then i dont understand why anyone should report someone for irl harassment or threats if they do nothing about it ? IT says report such players but whats the point if it leads to no ban.... ?

Some misbehaviors may result in immediate account termination without prior warning.

I wonder if irl threats and harassment falls in under "some misbehaviours" ? if not then i dont know.....

edited April 2021

If you really have done let's say 1 report you will see there are 2 categories: COMM hara.ssment and In-Person hara.ssment.

I think I have made it very clear that they are different but you are talking about COMM which is not the case of OP and won't help.

Here is an example of ban for the "In-Person" one: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/13602/how-to-deal-with-fake-reports-against-myself though comments there are all off-topic and around "COMM". See the screenshot? It's emphasizing "on the field"

• This sounds really frustrating. Please make sure that you have reported him at support, but I would not suggest mass reporting. Nia has stated numerous times that this not the route to go. If people mass report it clogs up the support system with all the duplicate reports. Do make sure you are reporting for each action though. Good luck with your situation!

• @ColdfireBlitz Please reach out to our in-app support via the chat window in our Help Center. One of our representatives will investigate and take appropriate action as per our policies. Thank you!   

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Sadly this has not worked for us with a problematic player with similar behaviour OP describes, numerous reports has been sent in problem started last summer and still no actions taken for that player... feels hopeless when TOS says such behaviour is not accepted.... my ticket those i sent in just auto closed and nothing happend.. feels frustrating we have those that went too far and plays like nothing happend..