Coming soon: Matryoshka Event

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone didn't play during the Devra virus. The goal was to reach an overall MU threshold. The easiest way was to create teal fields - overlapping blue and green fields.

• Haha. Oh don't worry the people in charge of those north fields are actually excited for the event. Yes there's many anchors you can use under those fields, but we do in fact watch Intel :) we're excited that the one green who really actively tries to field up there is gonna get to do something. Some if the blues are excited to get to micro field areas they don't usually touch.

Yes the blues can just rethrow their field without wasting a Jarvis... But honestly... When we need the mu we send one person with the Jarvis another to the spine easy peasy.

We're real interested instead to see how the greens will block with the field up. It's going to be FUN! It's going to make our brains work different then they have with this field for awhile.

Just like we had to move out our anchor on Bowen when it became clear a green started playing/living there.

Change exercises your brain. It breaks up the monotony.

• Fully agree. BAFs **** the game for new players or anyone who doesn't have unlimited time.

• My real interest right now... Is who hikes cypress mountain next. Green or blue.

It's been used here and there in recent times but it's mostly ignored. It's back in play now :)

Cause only Bowen has to come down for it to be linkable. You don't have to get out to the sunshine coast (or do the bike signal dance at gazebo). And there's 1 agent from each team on that island. I mean it's linkable otherwise if you take down the whole field... But like the moving pieces, how many people you can field... The timing it all CHANGES. Which I for one find cool.

• Não sei dizer se este evento foi uma boa ou uma má ideia, mas estou curioso por ver qual será o nível de adesão dos agentes que não desistiram do jogo apesar de estarem debaixo de permafields e os efeitos que se farão sentir nos checkpoints.

Apesar de não haver um objectivo global a cumprir neste evento, penso que seria interessante se no final do evento também viesse a público alguma estatística da contagem de MU's Matryoshkas (gerados no interior de fields já existentes).

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

It's just a damn week. Iguess people will never be pleased...

• MisfireCUMisfireCU ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Ugh it's so not letting me edit

So this is a campus I regularly blanket. Sure the students are casual players but I feel like we lose a lot of student recruits if I leave their entire area unplayable.

Post edited by Cranemesis on
  • In my area Enlightened drive around throwing xmp out the window of the car to destroy stuff in about 15 minutes that took me hours to build. I won't be giving them that extra ap for this one.

• While I agree with you about needing new stuff, how about not making that new stuff disrupt the core of the game - and how about asking the community in the future about new events that are going to, even for a few days, change how the game has to be played and impact everyone. And how about NOT trying to make the ENL and RES work together and be friends - or try to turn Ingress into a version of pogo to attract players that have no actual interest in the Ingress story line or the game? We had enough of that during the enemy mine chapter. Ingress is supposed to be a war between the factions for control of the XM - a lot of us breathed a sign of relief when Enemy mine was over and the promise of real competition became possible again. We would like that to continue to be the case.

• yeah - that entire chapter was Let's force XFAC and turn ingress into pokemon go - thankfully that's finished, hopefully forever.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this will be a fun novelty to experience for a week. I'm undecided as to whether it should become permanent. I will say though, as someone who used to throw a permafield over my old area before I moved, I can already think of ways to try to stifle someone throwing links under my field. Toss some long blockers through any potential micro-linkable areas under your field, even better if those work as good rails for your larger field.

• Its VEry good

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Will underfield provide MU and points towards score?

• I was just thinking the same! I'd love to take advantage of this to get some under-field micro-fielding in that usually isn't possible.

• what does making a living off a game, or any activity, have to do with not breaking the game for a special event?

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

One of them is viable to give an F about doing seriously, doing the other seriously leads to threads like this. I'll let you think about which is which.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

I can see this confusing new agents.....

Hopefully it's one off event......

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot about onboarding of new players that just happen to be under a BAF during the event.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

questions :

can u link under a field to portals that are already linked? do u get mu? when a part gets destroyed ur links inside will remain? so u can actually build something new?

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

But it's not a new way of playing the game, it's just a strong simplification. Such an innovation will make it boring. 

If you want to make the game attractive, you'd better pay more serious attention to cheating. If spoofers are more or less banned, then multi-accounts are not. 

Once there were a lot of interesting events, now alas not. For example, I remember an Event for a glyph drawing with fields and links, why was it cancelled and not even reported in the last month of that event? There was also an event for the number of fields. It would be cool if we didn't have to say how many fields per onyx in the event, but just took a percentage cutoff. This is difficult, but very interesting, it would make the game, it would improve the skills of the same beginners, they would have to turn to older and more experienced players, get acquainted. There are shards, not KF, common, but long forgotten. I would love to play in such, but alas came to ingress a little later and did not take part in them. 

Making it more interesting does NOT equal making it super easy. Those who want an easy walkthrough can catch pokemons, your game too. And such measures will not bring new people into the ingress, much less those who will become worthy competitors or associates. And if they do come, and start "fawning" under our fields, making new cross-links, I doubt that these people will play for long, I doubt that such people will go to the anomaly, or buy a subscription. It will just be mindless boring action on the way from home to work, and I doubt I myself would want to play with such players at all.