Coming soon: Matryoshka Event

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a video game on your phone. Try taking it a little less seriously?

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

What stupidity... What is the interest of such an innovation? Break the game? Turn it into trivial ****? That's what's so interesting about Ingress, is that you have to think about how to arrange it all, calculate the number of links, the keys, your trajectory. And what's that? What's the fun in it? What's the fun in it? The fact that it is easy and simple? That you can not turn on your brain?

It would be better to remove the covid measures and make the game the way it used to be, INTERESTING, not simple. There are other games geared towards below average minds, can we stop lowering ingress to the level of such games already?

• Not like the game hasn't fundamentally changed before..... Think of the introduction of the score board. Before that most cities I knew used the metric of portals owned/how much your colour covered the map.

Score board brought MU to the forefront and then everything became about the biggest baddest layered fiekdsnd shutting down entire regions.

So go ahead and **** those layered fields. What's the problem? Is it laziness? Isn't exploring new places one of the main goals of ingress? 

Well, yes, ****, I'll go quietly remove all the fields in the same matryoshka opponent, leave only the outer, and link freely his - this is a very "interesting" game.

Or maybe you don't know how to build these nesting dolls in normal mode, without niantic offerings?

• While it's a limited time event, Niantic needs to hear loud and clear just how disruptive this is going to be - there's a very good chance that this is going to cost a lot of cells their win streaks - something the other faction hasn't been able to accomplish by actual game play but that now will be very easy for them to accomplish by just fielding under fields they can't normally drop. Cells where agents have worked very hard to keep their score at the top for several years in a row could easily have that stat destroyed by this - not game play by other players, not because the other faction actually pulled off a win, but because someone at Niantic decided that they needed to be all touchy-feely-xfacy and make it possibly for both teams to field in the same area.

This is a horribly idea and in the space of 2 days may destroy something that thousands of people have worked hard for months or even years to build.

• the core of Ingress is capture the flag - capture territory for your faction. for the entire time of this event, you no longer can do that. you can field, but I can field under you and what you own is now mine, too.

This is a great opportunity for deer. Agents who play mindlessly. Big fields are just as easy to ****, crossover. And 1st tier players can turn to more experienced players for help. Not only that, such situations even force them to turn, get acquainted and, as a consequence, get into the community faster.

• crystalwizardcrystalwizard ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

There is nothing fun about this for those of us that are going to have to spend the entire weekend on the road, frantically battling to prevent something that should never have happened, or see ourselves not only lose cycle but lose streaks that are months to years long.

Had niantic put up a poll first, i'm pretty sure there would have been an overwhelming **** of NO in response to "should we do this"

• Did you miss the part where I said I am in fact number 1 in my area. I'm great at it. I'm just not crazy, profanity laden against wrapping my head around a change.

• crystalwizardcrystalwizard ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

sorry, nope. if I field, I own the area - so now you've got hold of one side, I have hold of the other, we are now SHARING the area instead of one of us capturing it - and there are only so many portals. you've got 10 fields up, and I just put 50 up under it - you're gonna get to spend your entire weekend dropping what I'm going to be throwing or I'm going to have your score for this cycle. hope you like sleeping in your car.

• jjavierjjavier ✭✭✭

Fields under fields with max length link, yes.. it will help users who cannot play (low level, spoofing, etc..) being able to microfielding.

Field under fields with no restrictions in a event, no.. because it will benefit big existing fields, having the oportunity to increase side links (faction side no matter). When the event ends ppl who cannot play because live under a field it will have more difficult to broke it.

I pinged you in the comm :) 

you don't agree that ingress is just a game of territory grabbing? 

You also missed the point about how you can mutilate the real work of agents when people go to other areas, destroy crosses together, make big fields, nested. Now imagine that after doing such work, someone alone destroys all the inside fields and under the biggest fields quietly re-links themselves in exactly the same way. Oops! It turns out that those who really worked one field, but came to all ready-made 50 pieces of them. That's it.

As a better player, can you describe the approximate technique for building nested fields with three beds?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Was hoping more for the drone layer to unlock for this event...

• Great event, good fun. Let's invent secret non-announced before medals;)

• i am excited - same team agents who don't communicate with me keep messing up my layers fielding over them and finally i can fix them!