Coming soon: Matryoshka Event
Agents, something is not right. An unknown exploit detected on the Ingress Scanner has disturbed the behavior of Mind Units, which is said to last for 168 hours. During this time, Agents will be able to create Links and Fields under Fielded areas. What seems unchanged is a Link will still not be able to cross another Link, regardless of Faction.
From Friday, April 23rd 4PM UTC to Friday, April 30th 4PM UTC the following will be enabled, which includes the unlocked rewards from the Hack the Planet challenge.
- There will be a new event metric ‘Matryoshka Links Created’ added to your Agent Profile for the duration of the Event to help you monitor the number of links you have created
- 2X AP for creating Links and Fields
- Kinetic Capsule Program distance reduced to 4km
- Level 4 through 6 XMP Bursters work like L5-L7 XMP Bursters (+1 Level)
- 2X AP for Link and Field destroy, 187 > 374AP for Links; 750 > 1500AP for Fields
- Portal recharge earns 100AP
Remember: The reduced 4km Kinetic Capsule distance only applies to newly run Programs, and does not apply to Programs already running prior to the start of the Event. For example, if your Kinetic Capsule Program is at 3.5km/8.0km when the event starts, it will not be reduced to 3.5km/4.0km. The reduced distance will not be retroactive; you must complete your existing 8.0km Program, and the reduced distance will be enabled upon running your next Program.
Challenge your Fielding and Linking skills and take advantage of the discounted Items and 1 free SoftBank Program Bundle, available for the duration of this event on the Ingress Store:
1 Common Heat Sink (100 CMU)
1 Apex (1000 CMU)
1 Portal Fracker (2000 CMU)
SoftBank Program Bundle (0 CMU)
- 1 SoftBank Ultra Link, 3 Rare Link Amp, 3 L4 XMP, 3 L4 Resonator
But wait, there’s more. Your action to support our planet can unlock the following rewards: 2x Hack rate of Heat Sinks, Multi-Hacks, Shields, and Power Cubes, 2x AP Resonator Deployed, and 2x AP Resonator Destroyed. For all the details, check out the Niantic website. #SustainableWithNiantic
As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people). For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.
Share your progress on social media with #IngressMatryoshka
— The Ingress Team