Portal Nominations in low/no reception

Is impossible in Prime!!!

Can NIA please consider a save and forward option in PRIME for areas that the reception is low. The amount of data required to submit 2 pics and all the required data causes prime to time out. I have been prevented from submitting in an area with 1 bar 4G due to this.

Low or no reception portals are strategic gameplay. Submissions via satalitte phone in situ is horrendously expensive. I would like to suggest that prime allows the submission to be created in prime and then forced submitted within a set timeframes (say 48 hours) when reception improves.

Can do in redacted as you can 'submit' and the game caches it and forces them all through on the next successful submission.

Tagged:

Comments

• Same issue I faced yesterday. While visiting a remote hill station I even tried minimising the Prime App and come to a full network area but it doesn't work that way. Keep getting failed to upload data error. Whereas Redacted works with ZERO signal as well. Here in my country even PokemonGo submissions are tested, they also don't work with anything less than full Network strength.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticScot Please make we get something good or special both for Prime and Pokémon GO if we help with rural areas. Now only Pokémon go like to take nomination in areas with lots of portals and make Ingress Prime more bad. If we get somthing for the work both Pokémon GO and Prime like to help.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I'm glad to hear that it is being discussed. I guess we will have to be patient as there are different issues that need to be address.

• I'm glad that Niantic is aware of this issue and working on it...

Albeit: soon™ 😋

• JuXasJuXas ✭✭

My point of view if it would be at least done as orriginally on Ingress used yo be - you can create submission when there is no signal as long is game is still on. Once it gets internet upllads all submissions. That way I've created multiple portals. Some areas have imprived with signal strength in time.

I hope Niantic fix back we can share the phopto with Ingress Prime. We have it long time ago in Classic scanner. When i dont have connection i fix it later or home with wifi.

• ReighElmosReighElmos ✭✭✭

I agree with @GallifreyanP I cannot submit in Prime with 2 bars or less of LTE coverage. I would definitely like way to save the submission (uneditable) to the scanner then have it upload to NIA when in better coverage.

• With OPR being a laborious, substandard system currently, case in point Nia. does not ban those that abuse OPR. So, likely a waste of your time and hard earned dosh travelling to rural areas. We have submitted many rural portals with minimal success.

@DSoT88 Very hard to get rural nominations accept when we have OPR. @NianticAkshay must understand and do thing to fix it.

• @DSoT88 must be most a an issue for your area. Where I am, rural and remote portals are far easier to get live - once you can get them to submit that is. Small towns with a single church or playground, trig points, historic huts or lighthouses, walking trails sail through OPR.

• As a Prime only agent, the save nomination feature is essential to me. I live in a rural area & some places even close to towns have little to no reception without using an antenna rig or sat modem. Also, with redacted, the nomination is saved only on an Android device.

• rediguanarediguana ✭✭✭

@NianticScot My point on this should be that it doesn't need to be a realtime action, unlike in-game actions such as firing a burster. By default, portal edits, submissions, etc should be queued on the device until the agent submits it , ideally from home/work on wifi. In addition, this queue should be able to be managed client side - this would allow someone to stack up say 40 submissions on the client, and then slowly release them as their submit queue allows. Yes, this means more UI and client work to support, but the flipside is that you have probably missed hundreds of rural submissions from me when I've been on roadtrips because it takes too much time to submit individually using tools like Fake Camera at home. That's your and everyone elses loss.

• This seems crazy to me... let me travel to somewhere where i can't play the game because of low signal and then let me play the game... if you are going to allow portal sumbissions this way then you need to allow portal attacks and interaction the same way. I see how it is strategic but if you can't submit because of low connection then you probably can't capture, deploy etc satelite portals are lame... again i can't play the game here so let me spend a couple thousand dollars so others won't be able to play the game here either. if you want strategic at least go somewhere you can "actually play" so the hiking portals are great strategies... as long as you have reception. Needing extra hardware/software etc should be against TOS just like using a drone to alter your position is. a delayed portal submission is the same as "altering your actual position" to play the game. if you can't do the action while your avatar is there then maybe you shouldn't be able to complete it.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I agree. whats the point submitting portals in areas with zero reception, if they go live fine but then what, how are u supposed to hack link etc there without a a remote connection ??? this makes no sense to allow....

Like we use Australia by example, he says "65% covered by mobile reception".... that means almost 40% area is where u wont get reception,, why uwant portals in dead cell areas ???

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Australia is a large country, with lots of competition from both sides. Remote portals are more durable and provide greater country-wide strategy. Having access to no-reception portals isn't a huge issue, many people have the capabilities to access them, it's just more about durability and strategy. It's a high-end gameplay mechanic of Ingress for the die-hards. This isn't about your casual gameplay of linking and fielding, this is about a much bigger game than your immediate area.

Anyway, I completely agree with the original post, we need a way to submit portals later and also have an extension to the submission range, as you can have no reception in many areas for 50-100km in Australia. Portal Scanning has this functionality, which sends a LOT more data than nominations, so why can't nominations have it too?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

That would make it very unfair that some ppl can to the enemies disadvantage use portals normal ppl would not have reception for, is this the kind of game u want ? thats unfair to me... if u cant make it work with your phone then dont bother... there is nothing wrong with hard reach remote portal areas but if reception is such a big problem u need external devices then im not sure how this is something to encourage and allow? game is meant to be played and worked with your phones internet nothing else.... there is zero strategy saying u need external device to make actions at certain remote portal...

Australia maybe needs to invest in more internet coverage if its so bad in many parts...

Is it even allowed to use external devices to boost your internet signal ??

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, of course antennas and satellite connected devices are allowed, they are allowed all over the world. Just take a look at the mining or maritime industries, casual boating enthusiasts will use satellite connections to secure their location.

Never has Niantic ever been mentioned that the game "is meant to be played and worked with your phones internet nothing else". That's a rule you have made up yourself. In fact, look at past sitreps published on Niantic's emails and on Google+, there were many fields made with reception challenge portals which Niantic advocated.

If you fail to see the strategic element of fighting the war over XM with reception challenged portals, then that's your personal belief and unfortunately an experience you may not have had the joy of encountering, maybe one day you will experience it and understand the benefit of such portals. Anyway, that opinion doesn't change the fact that submitting portals in low reception areas is a challenge, so let's forget about our personal experiences where strategy doesn't matter and go back on topic to discuss how Niantic can better improve Ingress's functionality.

Works good in Redacted not Prime @NianticBrian @NianticCasey

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I am talking whats allowed in ingress, anything else is irrelevant, u missed the point. Still u cant say everyone will or shall use an external booster to even be able interact with a portal, u call this fun or challenge ? i do not....even if u can be able to submit remote portals from home, does that solve the issue when u one day will go and try capture or hack it with just your phone? no exactly....