CORE Benefits disappeared before automatic renewal happened

RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Report a Bug

Description of the issue: A few minutes ago I lost the extra 500 inventory space benefit from CORE, despite having an active CORE monthly subscription and auto renewal being turned on. My renewal is due today (update: an email receipt for the monthly payment arrived around 2 hours before the problem occurred)

Device, OS, app version: iPhone XR, iOS 14.4.2 App version 2:68.2

Screenshot showing inventory reduction (at the bottom) and active subscription happening at the same time:

Post edited by Rostwold on
26 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very likely related to the same bug that was reported by iOS users last month:

Niantic closed the bug report as "Resolved" though. Seems it wasn't fixed yet.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
  • I am currently having the same problem now.

• I think the other issue was handled on a case by case basis, by @NianticBrian and closed when everyone's account had been corrected.

• lovelimeslovelimes ✭✭
    edited April 2021

I’m having the same problem as well. Now I can’t hack anything unless I delete over 400 items first. 😕

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.1, Ingress Prime 2.68.2

ETA - Updated my phone to iOS 14.4.2 and the problem persists.

Post edited by lovelimes on
  • As seen in photo the core subscription is missing with the new event starting

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Just to update that the problem did not resolve itself an hour later, so probably not related to daylight savings.

For @lovelimes my plan is to temporarily drop 5 capsules of items, hack to keep sojourner, then pick the capsules back up. Could you and @Rock331 both click the UP button on the bug thread here https://community.ingress.com/en/categories/report-a-bug to raise visibility please?

• Upvoted. I’m really bummed that I’m missing out on the extra AP from hacking during the event right now. Might have to use your same tactic and drop some caps and hope no one grabs them.

• edited April 2021

While I still have my 2500 spaces and my subscription renewed, I didn't get a pop-up with the items, I didn't get the items in the bundle this month either and (worst of all!) I haven't received the CMU.

I subscribed the minute C.O.R.E. was available, and I'm afraid I won't get the same item bundle as the rest of the players that did and aren't experiencing this bug.

Edit: iPhone 11 iOs 14.4.2 Ingress Prime 2.67.1

• @Enlightengadora did you have a pop up last month? I was wondering the same thing. The only time I remember a pop up was when I first subscribed. I’m wondering if I didn’t get my items and CMU last month either and just didn’t realize it. I was thinking maybe they just went into inventory last month and didn’t notice or something. But nothing ever looked different and then I forgot to ask about it.

• @lovelimes Yes, I got a pop-up last month and got all the items and the CMU. This time I wasn't really paying attention to the item count as I was busy playing at the time - when other agents reported their item drop I just assumed, like you, that my phone was just being buggy (it usually is whenever I hit a new tier on medals, I only just discover it by looking at my profile). But hours later I still only have 2 Battle Beacons when I should have 3 - everyone who subscribed on the first day gets the same bundle as the first and second month, apparently.

• edited April 2021

Same issue as reported by others.

Renewal paid this morning.

No issues throughout the day until I just went to play an hour ago. V 2.68.2 iOS 14.4.2 on iPhone 12 mini.

great timing for a hacking event...

Radio silence from Niantic?

Post edited by EvilGeniusCgars on
  • As above, same issue. Renewed a few hours ago and nothing in game. Restore purchase button? iPhone 12 Pro Max.

The newest update adds a "refresh" button so the subscription can be rechecked. Doesn't help for those that don't have it yet, but a potential fix is already on the way.

• So does this mean in order to get CORE back, we need to wait for this new version?

• Would I still get the same bundle as everyone else who subscribed on the first day? Meaning, 7000 CMU, battle beacon, 2 apex, etc. My subscription renewed today.

I'd love to tell both of you, but I'm just a humble agent like you 🙈 I believe that Apple users have to wait for the update, and depending on if you renew today/tomorrow or after, chances are that you'll not get the 7000 CMU anymore as that was only a bonus for the first 60 days after the subscription release, today being day 59. The rest of the loadout should still be the same though.

• LaFolle16LaFolle16 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

@NianticBrian Hi, This is the second time I have encountered this problem. The last time you solved the problem directly. 

Can you please give me back my subscription as I have paid for it?

I am thinking of cancelling my subscription if this problem is not solved as soon as possible.

• I have been paying for the core subscription for two months, this month that I want to pay I have lost the core subscription option. How can I pay for the subscription of the month?

• I have been paying for the core
    subscription for two months, this 
    months that I want to pay I have lost the 
    the core subscription option. How can 
    I pay for the subscription of the 
    subscription of the month?

• same problem here, i am using apple iphone 12...

subscription is running but i have no benefits, 2000 instead of 2500 itrm starsge etc.... and i can not buy it again because it says „you have already a subscription“.

think its a problem between apple and niantic they shoud asap resolve

• edited April 2021

@NianticBrian Second month, different problem. Last month, the renewal ran but I didn’t get the benefits until I reported the problem here. This month, I lost the benefits again, but the renewal hasn’t run. It should have auto renewed on the 9th. iPhone X.

Edited to update... charge shows up as pending in my Apple purchase history. Subscription is (supposedly) active. But wings and inventory space have vanished.

• my core subscription not active. i pay this morning.

please fix it

thanks

ign : Gisyaka

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the money drawn from account, try restart the game happend one agent with Iphone yesterday and worked again when restarted client.

• Lolololol just tried deleting and reinstalling the app to see if that works. Spoiler: it doesn’t.

Got this pop up about my subscription. I selected Keep.

2 factor authentication required me to open gmail when logging back in to the reinstall.

At which time I received the email selling me on resubscribing

This would be frustrating anyway, but during a hacking event is just priceless, coupled with the zero communication in my case, awesome.

@NianticBrian @NianticAndrew

• Got this when I tried to resubscribe.

• I have an Android operating system, my cell phone is a Motorola. The money was deducted from my account after my subscription was suspended, in PlayStore the subscription continues but I do not know it is reflected in my scanner. and I no longer have 2500 places nor have I received the bonus items or CMUs.

• i have the same problem and more.

C.O.R.E. is gone.

iOS says my renewal occurred.

And even though I pushed my inventory down below 2,000; store purchases are not working. CMU is deducted, but items do not show up.