Let us Ingresser be professional. All-Time-Disagree attack or 100%unreasonable Disagree does no good

TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in General

I noticed that there are currently two XM Ambassadors and one Vanguard plus several weird accounts keep clicking Disagree on my posts collectively, even very old ones, yes collectively. One XM Ambassador even said to the public on the forum, when I questioned about "why someone keeps clicking Disagree during our discussion", that he rarely clicks Disagree and it's not him. (In order not to be maliciously reported by them as "defaming other players" I won't disclose the details here but will file a formal complaint if they keep doing so). Addtionally, some of those weird accounts, which I never interact with, somehow are clicking Disagree on neutral posts of other forum users as well like:

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/14278/when-i-imagine-how-ingress-ar-glasses-would-work

In that post @joecain received a Disagree almost instantly after his post's been published. And he who clicked Disagree also did a large quantity on my posts, though never interacted with and received replies from him/her and never see he/she talked about relevant topics to my posts somewhere else.

It's OK if you have an opinion different with some others and would like to express your attitudes by clicking Disagree, or even clicking collectively. And I'm totally not caring about receiving Disagree as I sure will get a lot during the process fighting with cheaters. But how could some forum users keep clicking Disagree on posts with pure photo MEMEs?

And how could 100% neutral comment like this received Disagree? It's made completely from an objective perspective. Of course everyone has the right to do so but isn't it strange? And I've already noticed that @ZeroHecksGiven frequently receives unreasonable Disagree and some of those would be retreived if someone points it out which makes it even more strange.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/136473/#Comment_136473

Isn't abu.sing Disagree functionality violating Ingress Community Guideline?

In case someone also feels like being under an All-Time-Disagree attack, here is how you could tell who exactly did this to you. Take the first piece of reference as an example, here is the magic link for posts:

https://community.ingress.com/en/reactions/users/Discussion/14278/disagree?DeliveryType=VIEW

And the magic link for comments:

https://community.ingress.com/en/reactions/users/Comment/136473/disagree?DeliveryType=VIEW

For other posts and comments, simply replace the number with the actual number/ID of the ones you would like to see. If you are not sure about the ID, move your cursor to the hyperlink text of the time of the post/comment and you will get that.

This is not teaching you to exploit some loopholes or hack into something; the fact that you could see the results via the link means your forum account is allowed and has the authorization to see so, and it's a common knowledge among IT developers. Just like the common knowledge between us that responsible, good forum users should not do collective Disagree stalking, isn't it?

And before criticizing me of helping those users frequently being Disagreed, please notice that it seems that players on the forum have already been using this technique to get the results and I am not the first one.

Post edited by TheKingEngine on
Tagged:

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the reason the Disagree was added because agents used to flag posts as spam if they didn't like it, of which the count was shown. The Disagree was therefore added as the solution for letting of steam and the flag amount was removed.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It just seems odd to showcase negativity while also having a community where you want engagement. If people know the methods to see who disagreed, it just extends the trolling game. I understand letting steam out but perhaps not showing the number of disagrees would deter people. Focus shouldn't be on reactions but the content of the post. If there's a post where it's more name calling, just have Niantic remove those posts. It just seems regardless of the moderation - people can still post their opinion in some way.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Thanks for all of your replies. While you all have contributed to a large amount of Disagree on my posts and comments. The amount that exceeds the extent that I would consider normal i.e. simply disagreeing with my opinions not my ID. Especially @MoogModular . I never see your replies to me but 15 disagree which is near 10% of all disagree I received was made by you in a short time.

I love to see people's objection to such feature when they themselves are the biggest fan of it off the table. Plus a minority of forum users who seemingly is always working on reporting players what violates Ingress T&Cs but instantly started disagreeing with me when I pointed out that their "allies" on another continent kept saying bad words in the COMM.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@LuoboTiX you are not alone in those views.

We still need everyone to be free to state issues, problems, suggest fixes, improvements etc without fear that what they say, will be thrown out.

• sakumomo1203sakumomo1203 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Happen to see this post which mentioned me. Good to know the hidden way of getting the results of who clicked Disagree somewhere. IMHO anonymous Disagree functionality is unhealthy for the forum because it encourages people to become more aggressive. If you forum allow people to click Disagree then you should let people know who did that to achieve fairness.

Sure, everyone has the right to speak and click Disagree. I think @LuoboTiX have no objection to people who do not agree with him on his idea and I guess he won't see it as personal unless they do so first.

It's another story when Disagree is made in a way unreasonably and in group. Perhaps @LuoboTiX should prove that there exists abnormal collective Disagree on posts of some forum users includes but is not limited to him, as he said.

To clarify, I personally click Disagree on a low frequency when and only when I strongly disagree with some sayings when I browse different forums. The reason why I clicked multiple Disagree on comments of the forum user mentioned in the original quote replying to me is because I do strongly disagree with his/her comments including "Welcome To The Internet" trolling but never personally or done in a stalking way.

Not sure how do you or others think about this functionality. For me, Disagree is OK and is much more acceptable than trolling. Disagree with stating why disagree is better but not mandatory. Disagree without explanation should not be criticized of. However, All-Time-Disagree is definitely offensive and NOT OK and I suppose it violates:

• Be respectful towards other players. You can share an opposing idea without being rude or offensive.
    Post edited by sakumomo1203 on
  • gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

On some occasions it might be they click it accidently while.scrolling down o the phone, I do that by accident regularly

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm posting more in the Wayfarer forums than here, but the "Disagree" function is being abused there too, to fairly equal hilarity.

I mean, when you are having a minor argument with somebody and essentially write "you're wrong because Niantic said this, here's the link" and they

1. have no comeback
    2. disagree with my post

basically all you can do is roll your eyes. They don't have to LIKE what Niantic said, but disagreeing that Niantic said it? is just childish trolling that you just need to ignore.

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

Thx, that unhide 'function' was very helpful 👍️

I do hope that you can find a solution to the problem and that you will get respected in a correct way (i'm not saying that disagree is the same is disrespect, i'm talking about the mass abuse)

edited April 2021

Thanks for your insights. I am among the targets of mass ab.use of Disagree on Wayfarer forum too because I've been removing those fake couch portals made by a lot of ENL players in my area. After uploading valid and sufficient evidence, those Disagree fans came in to Disagree every posts of mine and liking the comments which are objection to my request and even some comments with fake conclusions or misleading information in order to retain the fake portals.

I have archives as solid proof of those abnormal actions even though the posts were removed due to the error of Wayfarer moderators so that I can say so without hesitation. One interesting thing is even if posts or comments are removed, we still can check who clicked Disagree with magic links because those reactions are not removed alongside. I'm not filing complaints about such behaviors in Wayfarer forum because my time is precious and I'd rather spend it on removing more invalid portals which makes those haters more upset.

Glad that Niantic Wayfarer staff was not affected by those Disagree all. That's why I personally really don't feel sad at all under "All-Time-Disagree Attack". Sometimes you just won't be welcomed by some people when you are telling the truth or doing the right things, things that harm the interests of those people, the interests that were previously gained by those people via violation of guidelines that they should have complied to. Simultaneously there are other people who would appreciate your efforts though they are not inclined to let you know (in public).

Thanks for your insights. Yes it could be. That's why I am providing magic links for those who would like to identify normal Disagree, unexpected Disagree from intentional "All-Time-Disagree Attack" by themselves. Good people should not be hurt anonymously.

edited April 2021

Oh and I forgot to mention that some haters i.e. fake portal defenders who do collective Disagree regarless of the facts on my comments...usually click Disagree with angers on replies of Niantic employees confirming that the portals have been reviewed and removed.

Yes they are Disagreeing with Niantic employees in Niantic's forum (Wayfarer) on the premise that Niantic employee already requires the evidence and proof to be extremely sufficient and convincible enough to get fake portals removed. It's so funny that I don't even roll my eyes...because if I do so for every such case my eyes would become an unstoppable yo-yo ball.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I'm a pretty vocal person here on the forums. I have my reasons for being bitter and I'm frustrated with Niantic in general. So I'm sure I've rubbed other agents the wrong way and they see fit to just disagree. I also agree that there really isn't a need for a disagree option unless that's the point of the post, but more in the vein of a voting style post. Would you rather have a drone distance medal or a unique drone medal.

I think we're all passionate about the game and want to continue playing. But, it is crazy how fast people are to disagree without even having the conversation. Looking at a few of the 'disagrees' I've received recently, many are from people who weren't even active in the conversation.

I'd be happy to see the option removed, but seeing other forum requests sit silent, I doubt we'll see action on this.

When I wrote the reply quoting your comment in another post https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/131482/#Comment_131482

I'm 100% sure you got 2 Disagree immediately. After I raised a question about why people did so, those Disagrees were retrieved somehow. Now that considering how some forum users interact with my post https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/14309/you-might-be-kidding-again-sos-founder-acc-flew-140km-40min-defying-the-terrain-but-you-did-nothing

I'm no longer wondering about that because there are obviously some people trying to All-Time-Disagree anyone who is talking about the current real situation about anti-spoofing reports. If you happen to be collectively Disagreed unreasonably again and you would like to know who is doing so, you may check by yourself. This might saves our time by avoiding arguing with someone who has decided to defend no matter what.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny how the disagree army seems to have gone into hiding since this was made public. After doing a couple of quick searches, it appears as if disabling the disagree reaction would take someone just a few seconds worth of work. I'm curious to see if it's something Niantic even sees as an issue and if they're willing to remove the function. I can't think of a single realistic reason it should be here on these forums.

• edited April 2021

Funny how the disagree army seems to have gone into hiding since this was made public. 

Actually, I stopped replying and blocked the OP, and "Disagree" is my method of disagreeing, instead of engaging in nonsense. I did some checks too and I noticed that the OP has hit Disagree on many of my responses whereas, when I comment, I generally don't hit Disagree. It's one response or the other. The Disagree button provides the ability to register your disagreement, without having incessant responses denying anything you say is valid.

For the record, I have more than 2000 'Disagrees' on my posts and comments. Plenty of people disagree with my opinion on things, often for horrible reasons too. If you don't like people disagreeing with you, don't make statements people will object to.

I expect the OP to jump up and down on this comment, but I will most likely simply hit disagree and not respond.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Disagree-literally disagree. I only fished out all disagree to just one insane, and that time that account was given the prison-effect.

Just let disagrees be it, I don't have to be someone who everyone agrees with me.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Sad that blocking people doesn't prevent them from pinging you and thus still sending notifications.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Blocking is pretty tame on here anyways - it just collapses the messages and it doesn't hide the person's topics they made.

edited April 2021

@ArkFang May I know the reason why you put an extreme large quantities of Disagree on many forum users including photo Meme post of @joecain and my every recent comments including

but without any interaction such as making even a single reply to elaborate your opinions?

I will file a formal complaint about ab.use of Disagree of you if no response.

I'm pretty sure by doing this you are violating Ingress Community Guidelines.

As mentioned by @sakumomo1203 , please refrain from doing such offensive reactions:

Be respectful towards other players. You can share an opposing idea without being rude or offensive.

edited April 2021

Said by a forum user who proactively defends the rights of F-words speaker in the COMM oversea. I almost trusted you before seeing this.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/133591/#Comment_133591

This is not about the rights of free speech. If anyone defends a F-word speaker and its undeniable violation of Ingress ToS by clicking Disagree on my valid comments but did not explain anything, I would assume this is also part of ab.use of Disagree or it's intentionally protecting ENL allies overseas no matter what.

Still, I'm not promoting a cancel policy here and you may do whatever you want. But I will place a question mark on your on-the-table attitudes towards anti-cheating.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

And I'm totally not caring about receiving Disagree

... proceeds to write huge post about "disagree attacks", call out and attack a lot of people, engage with people replying/reacting to this topic, and threat to make some "complaints". Hilarious. Let's see where this goes next.

edited April 2021

In order to maintain the order of this community, I'm exposing a collective Disagree attack that has been done by some users showing up in this post. And you are intentionally obfuscating this fact by saying that it's "threatening". Very self-evident.

When has this community be controlled by All-Time-Disagree attacker and some ENL players who regardless of the fact collectively bullying good, rightful (RES) players and defending obvious violations of Ingress T&Cs done by some ENL players oversea, while keeping saying "it's faction irrelevant and not personal" on the table?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, there's those unpublished programs or scripts that can do Disagree without seeing the comments: you just click on a comment.

Besides, as you could see, I blocked you. Good luck filing that complaint. :) I'm out of this topic.

edited April 2021

If we happen to check the faction of those who clicked Disagree collectively on abnormal scale towards my comments and posts, we would see that they are almost ALL ENL accounts, including XM Ambassadors and normal forum users.

And the behavior of "All-Time-Disagree" attack begins right after I'm requesting for help to review serious violations of Ingress T&Cs by some ENL players in Shanghai. Especially done by ENL players @ArkFang and @MoogModular who never spoke a single word to me but kept clicking Disagree secretly. It looks like a collusion relevant to faction that calls for further investigation.

Perhaps some people in a team is trying to compromise this forum and gain advantage by doing so.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, there's those unpublished programs or scripts that can do Disagree without seeing the comments: you just click on a comment.

And so the plot thickens... *grabs popcorn*

edited April 2021

Hi, would you mind taking a look at my case where I'm very likely being attacked by some players in group? Details mentioned above.

It's obvious that they are together Disagreeing, with probably no valid reasons, whoever does not support the F-word speaker in COMM.

Because they are at the same time "liking" the trolling made by another player at me in that post. Is explicit trolling acceptable in this forum?

Post edited by NianticKK on
    edited April 2021

Hi, would you mind taking a look at my case where I'm very likely being attacked by some players in group? Details mentioned above.

It's obvious that they are together Disagreeing, with probably no valid reasons, whoever does not support the F-word speaker in COMM.

Update: I found more mass Disagree on page 2. Some accounts always appear in the list even though they didn't say anything.

Post edited by NianticKK on
This discussion has been closed.