Introduce more cosmetic Items to spend CMU on

expediterexpediter ✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in General

I'd like to see more cosmetic items being introduced into the Store. It's now the second month of CORE and I've got almost 15k CMU pocketed.

I don't buy inventory items because I can get it from daily play. Beacons are fine but its more of an occasional rare purchase to celebrate something (and end up taking space if you just keep them). We'll get Apex and a battle beacon on a monthly basis from CORE anyway.

So what I would like to see is more cosmetic things (that are not inventory items) to spend CMU on like character badges, more avatars, maybe celebratory colour changes. I do hope we get to see more of these things so we can spend the CMU we're getting every month. 😀

Comments

• LightseagreenLightseagreen ✭✭✭✭

Yes it looks like we will be stacking CMU every month from C.O.R.E. Subscription. Apex and Portal Fracker (Discounts 😂) and Character Medals are great ways for me to spend them..

yes, it will be very interesting if we can get it in the next update

• Glad to hear you're interested! I think you may need to manage your expectations downwards of the timeliness involved though.

Offers that are better than what we can get today will certainly be responded to well.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like if they introduced more kinetic capsules to buy but only if they give new (and much fairer, honestly, 3 rare items don't equal a vr one) recipes for stuff (preferably the option to upgrade l7 to l8, l6 to l7 etc. Or potentially bring in brand new items that can only be obtained through kinetic capsule). Then the cmu can be spent in something

• i will save the CMU for new medals like the Halloween or Winter ones

• I would guess that paid Kinetic Capsules are waiting behind implementing Adventure Sync, so there's no complaints about paying for something and not getting the same benefits as PoGo.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I want be able buy xm color of my choice, even change attack circle color.

Also why they dont bring back archive badge characters??

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

I'm all for them bumping kinetic capsules into the realm of making lots of VR gear more easily but I think if they were to do that it would have to be bound to the person who made it. Otherwise those bot farmers are just going to fill their coffers and pour it into people who pay for it

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

Custom portal beacons.

Pay some initial cost like 50 bucks to pay for the time of some programmer to review/work a design into a beacon and then you and your friends can buy these beacons with CMU.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably, though hinestly the way they work just now isn't too bad so they could implement the paid ones now and introduce recipes later on with adventure sync (which is still shocking that they haven't implemented that yet, its literally been near enough perfected in 2 games (perfected by niantic standards) so how hard can it be to just add it on to ingress)

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, id get behind that, and if they introduced kinetic capsule creation only items (seen things that were like vr mh and hs becomes the equivalent of rare level for both in one item) that should be impossible to drop

• I would do terrible, unspeakable things to see what the last 9 avatars look like.

Alternatively, archetype-focused circles of influence, instead of the current spotlight designs. The Alchemist Archetype could have a literal alchemy circle covered in slowly shifting glyphs that rotates to point which way they're facing.

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

I think the general "holiday" badges are just scanner clutter for the most part that I have no interest in buying. Just bleh

I would really like to see a purchasable badge (either a singular badge for both factions, or one for each like the winter blue/green) for this "Resonate the World" event and some future competitive events. This way I can choose to buy it in general or only if my team wins or not at all. I also don't have to earn it through participating (most important during the current pandemic).

All future competitive event badges shouldn't be purchasable, some should be earn-able through participation, but I think there's a place for both.

• GrukzGrukz ✭✭

Adventure syce in ingress would nice if they can patch the easy to exploit current situation.

I also hope they make adventure sync Km a different stat and is not added to trekker or total Km walked.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

more cosmetics needed.. i have almost 15k cmu and i dont know what to spend on ? maybe i buy the nl car avatar.. but rest? there isnt any to buy... no character badges or anything else cosmetic....

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just wanting the avatar for the Interpreter. Love the design of it which is why it's my avatar.

• I would like to see more character badges in the in game store, a good use of the extra CMU from the CORE subscription

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the comments I hear is more detailed Avatar customization.

Like other cosmetic things. A lot is due to the limitations of the server code.

But also how will cosmetic things fit in with the aesthetics of Ingress

Avatar customization is still a nice to have.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait for new avatars and the Kinetic capsule i can buy with the free CMU from C.O.R.E