NL - 1331 Birthday Kit Second Wave Gone

Well, that was quick..missed again. Added a value to cart, proceed to check out, item is no longer available.

Tagged:

Comments

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to real life. Unfortunately it’s not just here this situation happens. Concerts, movies, video game consoles, etc. there will always be things that sell out nearly instantly, scalpers who will try to profit any way they can. I didn’t get the second pack either, unfortunately, same situation. Just move on and good luck next time.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Niantic could just ensure there were decent stock levels.

Putting stuff online at 2am local time that sells out in 20min just aint fair.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

If you haven’t noticed by now, it’s pretty clear they’re trying to clear out old stock. Aside from maybe the VR gear and NL cards, they probably only have around 1400 of some of the stock this wave. You can’t promise more than what you have.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

They could make more stock.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Then it wouldn’t be a limited run, would it? There’s supposed to be limited quantities, otherwise they’d just be hemorrhaging money in storage costs for all the back stock of the older items. They had a select, limited amount of the older cards, pins, etc. and now they’re pushing out the remainder. Plus, with emptying old stock they now have space for, oh I don’t know, NEW ITEMS IN THE FUTURE. The biocards are produced as ‘series’ by year, so by emptying out the old years and putting them out there for agents there will now be room to possible get 2021 series or 2022 series in the future.

Also, in regard to your edited post above regarding the drop time, it’ll always be 2am somewhere. Just because it was you this time doesn’t mean it won’t be me or anybody else next time. Tessellation taught me that, puzzles dropped ALL THE TIME around 2am my time, but other times it would be noon my time and it would be the dead-early hours on the other side of the world. .

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

Dunno what the hell your problem is, but you don't need to go around telling people the reality of Niantic not caring. Maybe you don't care if you're popular or not. w/e really.

Niantic KNOWS that people want the kit. Limited stock my arse. If they really cannot be bothered to make more kits to fit the demand, then they could at least do the courtesy of having a signup list. But it seems they cannot be bothered to even do that. Long as they get their money, they won't care at all.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

I am sorry that you had an unfortunate experience in ordering a NL- 1331 Birthday Kit. Niantic should have limited orders to at least 1-2 per agent so everyone has the chance to get at least one. I guess, the rest of those kits are now on Ebay.

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

There will be additional runs according to what was communicated earlier. A few items will be different obviously.

If you're looking for physical swag, yes, hard luck. Maybe someone will trade with you?

For the medals, they've already mentioned some of the character medals will be made available in the in app store. So you're really not missing out on them.

• The kits availability weren't announced. A crazy theory: maybe it's to let staff purchase those kits with insider information and resell? Why else is the limit set at a high of 25 kits per order?

• If that was the plan, staff could simply buy the stuff internally.

I know with Anomaly Badges, if you see eBay posts of the stuff, you can send the link to Niantic and they will request eBay to remove the sale. I don't know if that works with these ones since they're direct sales, not an attendance badge, but if you have the links it's worth a try.