Desecrated and demolished church - still counts as a valid portal?

rz231rz231 ✭✭✭

What is your opinion about former churches which were profanised and demolished. Should they still count as a valid portal? If the actual building is still standing there's should normaly no doubt about the portal - but in some cases everything was taken down and the grounds being reused for housing projects.

Happy to hear your your thoughts!

Comments

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I would say if this place is not pedestrian safe, I would not submit, I don't wanna be (partly) responsible for someones harm. We all know that sometimes agents make unsafe actions just to capture uniques.

Maybe if it's highly distroyed, submit as ruins. I would look for info if this church is gonna be destroyed to the ground.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

that sounds imo not like a valid portal.

• 3abkarinov3abkarinov ✭✭✭

I guess it's valid, as many monuments in the entire world are destroyed, but there is still ruins of it and u can recognize it..

AKA: when u get ur children, will tell them : here is the ruins of the "whatever" church of castle.. its history and i believe its valid

• Sendo um ponto histórico ou um ponto que foi de interesse, na minha opinião é valido, caso o local possa colocar alguém em perigo para mim não seria mais valido.

Mais como foi construído um conjunto habitacional pra mim seria valido.

• SenmanaSenmana ✭✭✭

Often in these circumstances a structure/ some ruins is kept in honour of the building that was demolished, or because it holds significance. Or perhaps a plaque dedicated to the precious building. Submitting that, with a description of what used to be there, would make a good POI. But otherwise if you're just submitting the space that used to be a historic building, that's not portal worthy.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Demolished, no.

Ruins, yes if safe and legal to access.

Repurposed, yes if not as a private residence.

• MrajaniMrajani ✭✭✭

Ruins! 4 star candidate. Also the place was spiritual and important for locals in the past, I think this makes it valid. Also, regarding ruins, if the portal is observable from a safe point nearby, it's valid.