Biocard Database

As some might know I am a swag addict and love Biocards. That's why I created a Biocard Database website together with ohneNot. That site had to be taken offline due to GDPR issues. In the meantime I created a Telegram Bot that can access the Biocard Database an retrieve the cards. (@ingress_biocard_bot)

For me this was kind of an experiment in creating Telegram Bots. But now it's time to move on and enhance the Database.

My first intention was to create a Telegram only version. But it became quite obvious that a classical website will be a much better approach to implement many features. That's why I started to change the website framework to create a web frontend in addition to the Telegram Bot.

Most of the basic functions are already implemented, but still need to be tested.

Now I would like to collect ideas what features you would like to get.

This are some features that I think would be helpful:

- Mark Biocards as owned

- Mark Biocards as spare for trading

I made a simple Google form to collect your feature requests: https://forms.gle/E5PHKddaS4GoUysH8

You can use the Telegrom Bot @ingress_biocard_bot to search for Biocards. The database has about 6.200 different Biocards. From most cards only the front picture is available. As soon as the new website goes live, the bot will be switched to the new database.

This are pictures from the current Telgram bot:

Tagged:

Comments

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

Cool stuff.

• A first early version of the website is now available.

The design is by far not finished and will be improved in the next weeks. If you want to browse through the NIA official cards that where released in the past years, you can do it with this link:

(Only the front of the cards is available at the moment.)

• I just published some new features to the beta page.

https://beta.ingress-cards.com/

New features on the beta-page are:

- Login with Google or Telegram

- Upload of new Biocards

- Add cards to your collection

- Add cards to your whishlist

- Add cards to your spare list including number of spares

- View all cards in your collection

- View all cards in your whishlist

- New experimental search function (First version that will be enhanced later)

Now I need you to test the new features and give me some feedback before I will add them to the productive page. 

I think that this are the most important functions for the page.

There are more things on the To-Do list for later like:

- Edit existing Biocards

- List spare cards and share it with other people

• Now it's time to publish the Bicard Database.

Feel free to login and add cards to your collection, whishlist or spare list. If a card is missing you can simply upload the card.

• AlZFAlZF ✭✭

Great job on this,

I uploaded min, however, had an error the first time, and seemed to have uploaded 2 copies of my BioCard..

I see no way to delete or request removal of the duplicate.