You might are kidding (GPS spoofer flighted 300 km in 48 minutes, but you never did anything)

A3exA3ex ✭✭

Today I have received standard answer from Lambert to my yesterday's complaint about GPS spoofer. But its account still alive, field are note removed.

Yesterday somebody with nick "kikkikis" linked from the portal "Колонны Начала XX Века" https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=50.795839,42.000271 on 13:56 (UTC +3) and after 48 minutes 14:45 UTC +3 linked from the second portal "Москвич" https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=51.351638,39.299009

Between those portals are 300 kilometers of roads. Google Maps calculate about 4 hours using car. Look at Google maps screenshot.

I would like to answer why this complaint has been closed without any actions and might clarify me the situation if I am wrong.

Comments

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Use the ingame report function and apply for fast track if the portal(s) qualify.

This stuff doesn't need to clog up the forum and glorify people that spoof. I'm getting tired of seeing this stuff here.

• Sometimes it can take a few hours for the account to show as "Agent no longer in system". Keep checking over the next day or two.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Another new example of Niantic Support actually not reviewing (or in reasonable time) your report because such super obvious spoofing case should immediately be escalated to NIA OPS for further review and ban asap IF THEY DO REVIEW THE REPORT.

My suggestion: Try to make more reports collectively. The amount of players who file the report and mentioning the case here directly on the forum to get attention of someone from Niantic or some Vanguards who help you escalate the case is important.

By the way, brand new example could be found in the comments as I described previously i.e. "leave the forum and get back to the customer support website" outsiders. huh. Glad to see more people disagreeing with such tiring comments which is actually driving away players who are trying to help Niantic to build better gaming environment by identifying spoofers. There is no problem of OP's writing such posts here because Niantic Support really is not effective to some extent if relying on the reporting channel only. If outsiders don't want to help, just leave it as is. Stop whining about good posts like this because by whining. outsiders are actually helping spoofers.

edited March 2021

You are trying to solve the people who identify and raise the problem, not solving the problem. On what earth could post like this glorify spoofers? We'are getting tired of seeing such negative and unconstructive comments here. If you have complaints, make complaints of Niantic Support's failure to review and handle SUPER OBVIOUS spoofing reports (in time), not us, please.

Post edited by TheKingEngine on
  • A3exA3ex ✭✭

@LuoboTiX @Lynoocs thanks for your support.

Might now, when we are not just players of free games, but we paid a bit to play to this game - the time to discuss about effectiveness and efficiency of Niantic support and to modify and reorganyse it.

To be honest - that spoofer banned already (hmmm how much time needs to create new lvl3 account ), but time of reaction is not suitable. And the actions are suitable only partially. Spoofer banned, but its links and fields are still alive.

What about the second problem of this game - multi accounts, it looks worse that spoofers (IMHO) and the reaction to those compaints should be reorganised too. There are not real option to complaint to those people. I have one that close to my location, it uses three accounts absolutely open, driving the car alone and capture portals from several ingress accounts. But I do not have any option to make complaint more convincing, because privacy, personal date bla bla bla.

Thanks.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

"Keep checking".

Isn't it enough obvious that if a spoofer is willing to destroy the game in a specific place all odds are in their favour?

Spoof. Get caught? Try again. Repeat until not caught.

Pretty sure this is not how Niantic wants the game to be, yet they let it happen. Where are the solutions?? Been "checking" for YEARS now.

• if you look the screenshot, seem he used the in-game report

edited March 2021

Indeed. I didn't pay $2000 on this game to get automatic replies fooling me (I have many such cases). "Privacy Reasons" is definitely not a good excuse among many for not doing anything, or far from doing enough on Ingress cheating problems. Spoofers with sub-accounts have their "privacy" valued, how about ours? As professional and famous reporter in our area I'm always targeted by spoofers of any skill level and most of the sub-accounts they used to destroy my guardian portals successively, whether super obvious, very suspicious, were very likely not investigated at all. Also, even if I have already helped ban a lot of spoofers, my report was still not reviewed on high priority.

In fact as far as I know it's not only "not able to make complaint more convincing"...there is just no solid communication channel between NIA OPS and we reporters. If you try to discuss about any spoofing case you reported on for example Reddit Ingress subforum your post will even be removed immediately, making it look like a Utopia where there isn't any spoofing. Ingress Community forum is better (still a lot of whiners seemingly reluctant to see any reporting posts as long as not relevant to them and keeping driving us away) and is the ultimate location we could get someone's attention. That's why I still did not subscribed C.O.R.E. even after my > $2000 expense on Ingress game because I didn't see the "Priority Reporting" feature coming in coherence with the promotion for C.O.R.E..

All these made me come up with the conclusion that actually Niantic Support/NIA OPS really does not appreciate and encourage us helping them identify and ban spoofers. Otherwise why and how could they send automatic replies to us all the time and don't have anyone specialized to explain anything on the forum when there were already a pile of posts regarding SUPER OBVIOUS spoofing cases not reviewed (timely)? I doubt whether the case you reported would have been reviewed and handled if you did not come to the forum.

• xliga156xliga156 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

why Niantic do not use code-phone to ban permanetly ? they have total access of our device.

Post edited by xliga156 on
  • EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

One day, Niantic will figure out how to do a check, for distance between portals and time it takes someone to travel between them. Should be a fairly simple concept, but it appears based on soo many reports that there either isn't one, or it doesn't work correctly.

We shouldn't have to keep reporting spoofers to Niantic/Ingress. It should be fairly easy to tell that an account didn't just fly 300 Km in 30 minutes or 4,000 miles in 2 - 4 hours. But it appears that we need to, because they don't have the ability to see the accounts, then soft ban or suspend them when they teleport around the world.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one banned in about an hour the other day. Remote island, at night.

Good to hear that the spoofing account got banned AFTER you published the post.

Of course we should keep reporting, to make Niantic realize that we paid/hardcore users really care much about anti-spoofing. Otherwise why bothering detecting spoofers if everyone looks like tolerant?