reporting an offensive player name

A player just showed up that's obviously a throw-away account meant to **** a local player. the name is "Otherplayer"sAC**t

I tried following the help on reporting offensive players as described in https://ingresshelp.com/report.html but it says to click the "report inappropriate behavior" button in the app. Which... doesn't exist as far as I can tell? Am I missing something?

Where should I report an obviously offensive name?

Also, in situations like this do the mods actually bother to find the main account for the offending user and take action against that as well? Or just delete the throw-away which is kinda useless?

Tagged:

Comments

• Lol, the curse filter here is a bit aggressive. har4ss is not a bad word. 🤣 Hopefully my meaning for the har4ssing name is clear enough without being explicit though it's on comms now for anyone to see there too of course...

• Go to https://support.ingress.com, click on the Chat box, and follow these steps:

• Report Inappropriate Gameplay
    • Report Harassment
    • I still need help
    • <fill in email>
    • Report Inappropriate Gameplay
    • Offensive Username
  • Thanks! Done. Hopefully they'll update the website info as well to be correct.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, in situations like this do the mods actually bother to find the main account for the offending user and take action against that as well? Or just delete the throw-away which is kinda useless?

No, I'm 100% sure they won't bother doing anything to that main account for you. In some cases they won't handle the sub-account either. Try not getting too suprised if so.

• WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭

The only action taken in case of offensive username is forcing the account to change name on next login. They won't even ban the account itself. If you can prove it's a backpack account then it migth be banned, but this is very unlikely in my experience.

• I need to send the Niantic team the link to Urban Dictionary since I can't get an offensive name removed. It was set up as an account to appear in Comms as a way to ****/troll. Not the first time.