2021 NL-1331 Birthday Kit only for sale in USA ?

mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this nice KIT that is only gonna be for sale in USA, why ? shipping today from US to Europe and other regions can be very expensive so a bit sad players outside USA cant buy this at a nice price :(

https://shop.nianticlabs.com/2021-nl-1331-birthday-kit

Tagged:

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably because of tax and customs. Remember the last few times Niantic tried to bring kits to Europe? 😅

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if there will also be a super limited amount of packs

• (I'm not sarcastic, I really don't know) How difficult/expensive would be using something like Amazon to sell globally?

I would like to buy it too from Europe, even for an slightly bigger price than USA :(

• Waiting for NIA to speak and say something; Can you buy kits and pay for the transport of all of them with the price shared with other agents?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is global shipping so hard for this company with multiple global games?...

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if this will be a hybrid of digital and physical media.

The whole aspect of these NL 1331 packs were stopped because Niantic realized more people off-site were buying these versus on-site participants. I don't know if that's what pushed for eventually bringing out a tiered NL 1331 badge but there was 5 years to figure out those shortfalls. Yet we see the same issue pop up for their 7th anniversary?

• MrCathulhuMrCathulhu ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

They labeled the XMP and Resonator pins wrong on it too, with the reso labeled XMP and vice versa.

It's shocking difficult for many companies, and there's less and less (none really) of an excuse for not shipping to Canada (I don't know if this is the case here though) today than there used to be. Shipping rates usually killed any value though.

• AngroxAngrox ✭✭✭

Niantic has a shop for EMEA customers: https://nianticlabsemea.brandfuel.com/. Carefully placed in the middle of Europe so no tax and other problems can occur. Maybe the NL package will be sold over this shop?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

England left EU so u get custom fees buy from that store sadly...

• Pleace create a bundle in app with this medals for the other zone than USA.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

APAC shipping options not available for the swag pack?

This is really poor @NianticBrian

• I would buy it for sure, I don't understand why Niantic doesn't offer this pack in other continente. Themselves are losing money.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Shipping internationally is difficult, but not that difficult. Our company does it all the time.

Main issue we have is corruption in certain countries.

If customs declarations correct on paperwork and appropriate taxes paid, it's usually a smooth process.

You can also hire facilitators to do all the hard stuff for you.

Niantics US shipping is outrageous to other regions.

Doing swag trades for years, the USA is also one of the slowest and most expensive to ship to.

• expediterexpediter ✭✭✭

Hopefully @NianticBrian can say IF there will be a digital pack also for international agents. I would rather pay more to Niantic than pay crazy shipping fees to the courier service.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the heck, guys? It's bad enough when you don't provide a way for overseas customers to have items shipped, but your store excludes Canada too? Seriously, the only real difference at your end (besides allowing your shopping page to enter the address) is a bit more on shipping fees.

So far my little corner of the world has confirmed 3+ people who would all like to order the pack, and we were hoping to have them shipped together to save on costs. But we cannot even do that?

The option to have packages shipped to a US postbox isn't even available to us, as the border is otherwise closed.

PS. @NianticCasey how ever will I finally get a copy of your bio card?

• I’d like to second the motion to have these packs available at the EMEA store (I didn’t know there was one until I read it on this thread!).

I’ve signed up for the pack through the European group listed above, but it would be nice to have it available over here. I mean, I’ve shipped goods to the US and received goods from the US without much trouble. If necessary I have my pitchfork and my torch at the ready 😂

• Please, consider shipping to EMEA

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Y’all saw how much they were charging for those toast plushies, you sure you can afford the shipping rates for this too? (Being sarcastic a little, but I wonder if the feedback on those shipping rates has anything to do with this?)

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

You could always send the passcodes by mail. Problem solved, I know many of you love the physical swag but I was more interested in the badges than the physical stuff.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

The badges can be sold in the ingame shop, that shouldn't be a problem. The kit is specifically about physical swag.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah but, it would certainly solve the toll problem

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Question, does the Wendy code change the name of the existing medal for those that acquired ADA medal from store?