[Optima Challenge] Not all completed capsules were counted

2»

Comments

• Same here. Completed 2 but count only 1:

• I completed the synthetic capsule and did not receive the event medal.

• Missing one capsule as well, finished 1735 UTC.

• Same problem. Yesterday I unlocked my first Kinetic Capsule at 17:43 UTC. But it hasn't been added to my completed.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

By completed, to be clearer.

Are you obtaining the item from the capsule, then checking the stat?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve done two each day, but have only 3 showing. All 2km ones.

• I have the same problem. 3 kinetic capsules completed so far during event but only 1 counted in the temporary capsule stat.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

the first 2 hours they didnt count so i guess those are lost even if u completed during that timeframe?

• 4nte4nte ✭✭
    edited March 2021

I did not get the medal.

Health tells me i completed 4, but under events i have 3.

I am sure i did 4 as the first one was a 2 km one and the last one a 4km one.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic must say if completed kinetics during first 2 hours will count retroactive or not. Thats the issue here.

• Completed 14, counted 12. 1st two still missing completed during the 1st hr of event start.

• PixelbytesPixelbytes ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Is there any updates of this issue? Will this be fixed before the end of the event or post event?

I believe most of us won't take the 2 hours extension as a form of compensation for the missing stats done during this uncounted window.

• I (agent smukski) completed two KC’s within the initial two-hour period. None of these was counted as part of Kinetic Capsules Completed.

As of this writing I’ve subsequently completed 6 more KC’s.

• Judging by the fact that they extended the event by 2 hours, it's unlikely that they're able to recover the early completed capsules.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

With the second round now well underway, it is plagued by lags and outages (and shoddy tracking, but that was already present in the first round as well). I initially was content with the first two hours not backfilling, but with Gold needing a whopping 50 Capsules and lags making the event unplayable at times, is there any chance that Niantic could look into the issue again and backfill the Capsules, even if it's done manually? From my post, you can see that I have done three Capsules that haven't been counted, three points I'd love to to have before I throw my phone against a wall in frustration due to the lag.

• Necesitamos 2 días más

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you can see, that 25% of distance for the Kinetic Capsule hasn't been counted.

Whereas the the distance walked is mostly correct

I should be at 16 KCs done, not 12

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian

@NianticThia

Day 5 of Optima Challenge.

I have discovered 2 bugs relating to the Kinetic Capsule

Following with some technical jargon

* Live Sync - when there is a change if state of the game map

* Active Sync - when a stat requires frequent syncs, typically between 5 and 10 seconds

* Force Sync - when a state hasn't updated yet

* Adventure Sync - Out of game monitoring of exercise.

**History**

Trekker, was a stat that used to sync every 5 minutes or so, and would round down to the nearest 100m

** Kinetic Capsule **

Doesn't use live sync or active sync. Which is really really weird.

Instead, uses a different syncing method.

Every 5 minutes it will sync up with the server. The KC calculates the distance traveled from the last KC sync.

For example.

Last update was at 10:05am

Next update at 10:10am

However, it isn't at the turn of the minute, it is at the turn of the half minute,

Actual last update at 10:05:30am

Actual next update at 10:10:30am

Calculating the distance walked between these two times.

However, it rounds it down to the nearest 100m.

Sounds familiar.

Indeed, this is exactly how the old Trekker syncing method was.

What about force syncing?

The only method I know of that does a Force Sync, is recharging a portal, because that forces a Live Sync to occur. It does not work for Kinetic Capsules

But Ingress doesn't use Adventure Sync!

There looks to be some preliminary code for Adventure Sync, whenever it will be fully implemented, anyone's guess.

But it has a "dumb" Adventure Sync, by this I mean, that as long as the game runs in the background in memory, it can sometimes grab the distance traveled from GPS updates (occurs every 1 second)

This "dumb" Adventure Sync though doesn't appear to be working with the Kinetic Capsule, but rather the Trekker Stat.

** Conclusions **

Kinetic Capsules need to use active sync to grab the distance data for Trekker.

And

Not rounding down to the nearest 100m