[Important update]: Optima Kinetic Challenge Event

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Flip cards are super powerful, while I'd like to not waste Ada either. The realization is that flip cards are so powerful that to craft them, should require equal or higher costs to craft to ensure a good balance to the game

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not official, I know, but during the Field Test rerun in San Francisco, shortly before the first "official" Hexathlon, agents who only got the normal medal could reach Elite this time and upgrade their medal. I'm pretty sure that if more tiers come later on, you'll be able to upgrade your bronze, as it's still the same medal.

• I am excited that we have a global event with an earned badge, even for agents in lock down, with an opportunity to achieve at a later date, thank you. I’ll walk the dog more this weekend and earn a few SBUL’s; however I would prefer not to loose an ADA for a Jarvis. Would Niantic consider, a very rare Kinetic capsule for Jarvice and ADA’s, just a thought

• ZarrosZarros ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Regarding the confirmation that Silver and Gold tiers will be coming in the second event, @NianticBrian are you able to advise if the metric will be retained through both events or if you exceed the bronze tier, will it reset to the bronze level after the first? Thanks!

• From the update:

If you have achieved the Bronze medal during this event, it will not be reset when the Silver and Gold tiers are added.

• IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding the Optima Kinetic Challenge: 

We have discovered two visual issues with the temporary Kinetic Capsule Programs available during the event. While this issue will display the incorrect information, the output of the Programs are not affected.

Issue #1: The JARVIS Program is currently displayed as ADA Refactor. Materials required are not affected, and the output will generate 1 JARVIS Virus; however, the Program title and the item is displayed incorrectly.

Issue #2: When claiming the 8 L8 Resonators Program and the 2 Hypercube Program, the Kinetic Capsule animation will display only “x1” item has been crafted. In reality, x8 L8 Resonators and x2 Hypercubes have been crafted and added to your Inventory.

Regarding the Optima medal, Silver and Gold tiers will be added to the second Optima Kinetic Challenge event. If you have achieved the Bronze medal during this event, it will not be reset when the Silver and Gold tiers are added. 

We appreciate your understanding and apologies for the inconvenience.

• Yes the medal is retained, but does the metric also carry over as is between events? Say if you complete 3 programs do you start on 3 next time?

I assume it does, but always good to check!

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Some of us are non native English speakers and sometimes Niantic uses wording that makes it difficult to understand what they really mean.

I'd also would like to know if when NianticOfficial says "it will not be reset" they mean that we will start with bronze medal (if we achieve it) and the new stat reseted to 0, or if we will keep the metric as we leave it when this first event ends (with 8 programs completed for example).

• Woohoo! Time to do some trekking!

A kinetic challenge sounds like a great way to ease back into global events; very excited. Happy to see the other two tiers of the badge are coming at a later date. Can we know what the requirements will be for silver and gold? Also, will programs started before the event count towards the challenge?

• >will programs started before the event count towards the challenge?

No count.

Remember: The reduced 2km Kinetic Capsule distance only applies to newly run Programs, and does not apply to Programs already running prior to the start of the Global Challenge. For example, if your Kinetic Capsule Program is at 3.5km/8.0km when the event starts, it will not be reduced to 3.5km/2.0km. The reduced distance will not be retroactive; you must complete your existing 8.0km Program, and the reduced distance will be enabled upon running your next Program. 

• Question

It says at a later date the higher badges will be released but if we complete bronze we carry over

Does this include stats?

(eg should we **** for the 4 capsules just to unlock, or if we go higher than 4 does that figure carry over?)

• LightseagreenLightseagreen ✭✭✭✭

yes it includes statistics. As mentioned in the latest update of this thread (page 1): "If you have achieved the Bronze medal during this event, it will not be reset when the Silver and Gold tiers are added".

• Is the count add when the program is finished or when the agent claims the item?

• AzaroleAzarole ✭✭✭

Thanks for providing this event. To some it doesn't look like much and it's easy to complain. However, it's the circumstances that don't allow for much. I'm glad you've chosen this event and it's setup to attempt your first global event in a long while. I also appreciate how you're taking in community feedback. It's not easy when everybody wants 100% of the past experiences during these difficult times.

Now, having said that, let's hope all technical systems will also allow for a successful event.

• noregarddnoregardd ✭✭✭

Thank you very much. This clears up my hesitations to do more kinetic completed than 4 as required for Bronze in this Round

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

Someone tested and apparently the profile counter for Kinetic Capsules Completed goes up when the agent claims the item. I'd say it will work the same way in the events as well.

• RaklmRaklm ✭✭
    edited March 2021

I deeply doubt you walked ~2000 km

maybe you care to share how you did it, so we do the same or better.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

thats great it will count over to the next medal event so can go for silver or even gold easier..

• LightseagreenLightseagreen ✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian ,

Repeating the same questions:

If I currently have a Kinetic Capsule with a progress of 4/8 Km, according to the announcement there is no distance reduction, but will it be counted for the Program (Very Rare Portal Shield; Heat Sink; Multi-Hack; SoftBank Ultra Link Programs) when finished at this time Round I started?

• gtpgtp ✭✭

Are the Hypercube and L8 resonator programs also temporary or will they be permanently added to the kinetic capsule?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

temporary during the event only, if they get added later permanent i have no idea.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing we'll find out from players in the next hour or so on the question of whether existing kinetic capsule programs will count. I, too, am curious to know.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If i just put my phone upside down with ingress active and walk inside my house (actually on work, since I walk a lot in there), will it work? I never tried this approach on ingress, but that basically how I got my eggs hatched on poGO (of course it have the adverture sync so I don't even bother).

• Is the event counter live? I've already completed 2 programs but I can't see it on my profile.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing the stat either, 1 program done and claimed and I restarted the app too. Still can't see it.

• I've been thinking and ... this event is restricted to levels 6 and above (no recursed). At this point it is very difficult to find a level 6 newcomer to the game, but surely there have to be and they will not be able to get the medal unless they go up to that level.

I put myself in the first person and, from experience of living in a town with 3 portals, new players who live in rural areas will not be able to get the "Optima" medal.

A solution for when the levels of the "Optima" medal can be raised, would be to lower the level required for the "Kinetic Capsule" for a short period of time so that new players who are interested in obtaining it, can obtain it without need of having a lower level.