New to Ingress? Wanna level fast?

SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

First off, shoutout to Michael Hartley - 57Cell (Resistance) and Colin Williams - IncredibleHulk (Enlightened), for they have helped me on my Ingress journey.

This is for newer agents who are starting to get familiar with the game and want to level. Veteran agents, feel free to tack on any of your ideas or give any thoughts to help improve this.

There's to ways to gain AP quickly, and it all depends on portal density.

If you're short on time: Gather as many low-level resonators that you can, and glyph hack as often as possible. Then, just deploy. That's seriously it. Walk to a portal, deploy, then walk to the next. Glyph each portal as you're walking by them.

If you have more time, fan fielding might be your best bet. What is that?

Pick 9 portals. Choose one that will become your anchor, that is, the portal that all of the others will link back to.

Number each of the portals in your head in a "fan" pattern, 1 through 8. Throughout claiming these portals, you will need plenty of keys, so make sure that when you glyph, use the MORE symbol (middle 3 dots that form a ^ symbol), and that will increase your key output. Keys aren't always guaranteed, so make sure that you leave a mod slot open for a heat sink to reset the counter (especially if you've burned out the portal).

Then, from the anchor, link out to your chosen 8 portals. (If you so desire, you may use a SoftBank Ultra Link to make a wider fan, as I've done this for more fielding, but for now, keep it basic).

Then, starting from portal #2, link back to portal #1, then walk to portal #3. Once at portal #3, link back to portal #1, if there's line of sight. If not, link to portal #2. If there IS line of sight to portal #1, link that FIRST, THEN to portal #2. This will yield the highest amount of AP.

The goal is to link each portal in succession to the lowest numbered portal as you progress, hence why you need more keys.

Link order is important to prevent "null" fields. Ingress will always try to prioritize creating the largest triangle first, so, if you link out of order, you'll miss a field.

Remember, LV1-8 only requires AP, whereas LV9-16 require badges. Fan fields will also help with gaining badges, virtually all of them.

Whilst Ingress is a competition, I feel that strategies like this should be common knowledge. It's no different than teaching a new player how to play a card game who is your opponent.

Have fun!

Comments

• I would rather advise them to see Michael Hartley's vids about fielding. They are awesome and are a big help.

Also a multihack gives you more hacks when you've burnt out a portal, NOT a heat sink.

The best strategy is to make sure to capture as many portals as you can. Focus on capturing before actually fully deploying unless you are sure you are the only one playing there at the moment. Make sure you get used to maximum fielding as fielding gives you much AP as well. Especially 'multilayering'. My advise is to focus on getting lots of keys, unless you live in a highly active area.

Focus on taking down anchors with lots of links. It will be more difficult depending on your level, but you will gain more AP. Glyph hack as much as possible and recharge with the 'slow' method.. Every 10 AP per recharge is 10 AP... You can do this easily at home.. just make sure you have enough powercubes at the end of your day. Recycle 'useless' items during your recharging.

• Almost forgot, intel is your best friend in my opinion. It is crucial once you start creating bigger fields!

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Actually, a heat sink was mentioned to reset the burnout timer, so, if you've used up all four of your hacks and the portal is burnt out, adding a heat sink will reset that timer, and you can hack it four more times. Give it a try!

Michael Hartley: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoC8LEq32khMZSN0IrDFwng

Colin Williams: https://www.youtube.com/user/collin3000

• I guess a combination of heat sink/multihack is the best way, depending on how many keys you need and how much time you've got. I thought the reset only worked once compared to the multihack, no?

• You reset the hack count (only for yourself) every time you add a heat sink. It's very useful if you want to to farm keys quickly. Have a portal you want keys from and not a lot of time? Hack it, throw a rare hs on, hack it again, and in ten minutes you burn it out and you can add another heatsink for 4 hacks in around another 8 mins

• @kabusnacks so that would be the best option if you are farming keys on an anchor for a field. But if you are farming on a farm or in a portal dense area you are better off using a multihack so others can enjoy it too?

Just not sure about the last one.. But I thought the common and rare heat sink only reset the timer for you.. but the VRHS for everyone? Or is this not true?

Rarity of heat sinks don't matter. When you apply a heat sink, it resets burnout as well as the hack timer for you, but not for anyone else. However, it DOES reduce the hack timer for other players.

Multihacks do reset burnout, however, the default 5 min hack time is still in place.

• Definitely attend FS. Double XP for 2 hrs! Sweet!!

p.s: Current event; DXP for 3 days! 🤩

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I find that even with double XP, a First Saturday doesn't give me much more overall AP than fan fielding sets of 9 portals. The reason is you can't make many fields at a FS because of the numbers playing.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Newbies do not know how to do it. And the ifs is mostly for gathering the people.

I usually got about 250000 (plus the 2x after a week), sitting doing nothing more than deploy and occasionally attacking. Is certainly better than to the same at the streets walking arround alone.

• 3abkarinov3abkarinov ✭✭✭

HAHAHA U r the best man :)

• Collin Williams

Good Day,

I wanna talk with you if possible, my Town has no portals or things to go in ingress, can you somehow help me or explain how to create portals and bring my Town to Life in Ingress Prime, there are alot of us in the comunnity that wanna play Ingress and Pokemon GO and there are no stops or portals witch makes it hard to play cuz we have to travel 16-18 KM witch is like 10 Miles i tink. I hope you can consider this and help us cuz i watched your clips and subscribed **** the hope that you can point me in the right direction.

Thank You, Best Regards

• Collin Williams

Good Day,

I wanna talk with you if possible, my Town has no portals or things to go in ingress, can you somehow help me or explain how to create portals and bring my Town to Life in Ingress Prime, there are alot of us in the comunnity that wanna play Ingress and Pokemon GO and there are no stops or portals witch makes it hard to play cuz we have to travel 16-18 KM witch is like 10 Miles i tink. I hope you can consider this and help us cuz i watched your clips and subscribed **** the hope that you can point me in the right direction.

Thank You, Best Regards

Any reason why this was posted twice on the forums? If you reach LV10 within Ingress, you can travel yourself and help submit portals for the community.