[Important update]: Optima Kinetic Challenge Event

Comments

• Remember that kinetic capsules are only available to Agents of level 6 and above

• Yeah can we get a silver and gold please? Or at least just the gold design

• So let me get this right, you know some people can't get out and walk and we are all aware steps aren't accurately counted in prime so you are releasing this event WITHOUT adventure sync? Like this exists in both of your other two games and you've had plenty of time to test its implementation into Ingress, why would you have an event like this at a time like this without adding adventure sync? Real opportunity lost there . . .

• @NianticBrian

Is it possible to get Agent's Kinetic Capsule working so they tic! I've heard numerous Agents have been stuck for awhile! Tickets submitted and closed without resolution. Help them! Please!

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian please silver and gold👐🙌🙌👐👐🙌

• OPTIMA KINETIC CHALLENGE

Agentes! !Llego la hora de derrotar a Optima! ¡Necesitamos generar suficiente energía cinética para repeler su avance!

Inicia: Viernes 19 de Marzo 10:00 am (Ciudad de México)

Termina: Lunes 29 de Marzo 10:00 am (Ciudad de Mexico)

Programas disponibles en la capsula cinética:

- Jarvis: 1 ADA Refactor + 10 L6 + XMP + 6,000 XM + 4km

- Hipercubo (2): 10 L4 + Power Cubes + 6000 XM + 4km

- Resonadores Lv8 (8): 40 L4 + resonadores + 6000 XM + 4km

- Escudo Muy raro; Disipador de calor; Multi-Hack; SoftBank Ultra Link : La distancia de energía cinética se redujo de 8 km a 2 km.

Completa cualquiera de los 4 programas de cápsula cinética durante el desafío global y desbloquea tu medalla "Optima Kinetic Challenge."

Se agregará una nueva métrica de evento a su perfil de agente durante la duración del desafío global para ayudarlo a monitorear la cantidad de programas que ha completado. La medalla "Optima Kinetic Challenge" es un solo nivel de bronce.

Paquetes disponibles en la tienda al iniciar el evento:

Paquete de programa cinético gratuito (0 CMU)

3 Escudo raro; 3 Disipador de calor raro; 3 raros Multi-Hack; 3 amplificador de enlace raro

Paquete de programa cinético con descuento (1,000 CMU)

3 Escudo raro; 3 Disipador de calor raro; 3 raros Multi-Hack; 3 amplificador de enlace raro

• Excellent!! Niantic listens to us! and this is a sample of that. Thanks!! 😊

• mestrelopes7mestrelopes7 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Will the medal be bronze forever or when it occurs on another date will the agents have their colors readjusted in other colors of the medal?

• Do programs need to be started after the event begins in order to count for the medal?

• MrVerseMrVerse ✭✭✭

Forgot to mention, Avenir Shard Challenge was single tier too and it has the original color.

• noregarddnoregardd ✭✭✭

Nice global challenge with earned badges for free, finally.

I hope the tier also unlocked, it can be done safely anyway by walk kcaps alone. There is no need for mobs gathering.

Anyways, thanks for compromise a badge challenge event with later date for people who cannot done it on first try. I will look up for more of this challenge. Thanks @NianticBrian

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian neat event.

Nice to see a tid bit of story to go a long with it.

The Jarvis program the Resistance unlocked, I read that right, it is ONLY for the Optima Challenge?

Some players will not like the Bronze colouring of the event badge. Please look into changing this.

• MrVerseMrVerse ✭✭✭

Forgot to mention, Avenir Shard Challenge was single tier too and it has the original color.

• Question:

Does existing kinetic program counts for the challenge?

Ie. If I am running a program now but only complete it at the start of the challenge window.

Thanks

• @NianticBrian many agents (myself included) have worked very hard to avoid having bronze medals on their profiles, with this design we either have to miss the event altogether or have a medal that will ruin our agent profiles after so much work. Why not have the original color of the medal, Avenir was also single tier and had the correct color scheme, not bronze.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

The challenge for the Avenir event might have been a lot more effort than this Optima event, but earning the medal was relatively trivial:

All Agents who were active during the 14 days will receive the Avenir medal. An active Agent is defined as someone who hacks any Portal in the global Portal Network at least once during the event window.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/4045/avenir-shard-event/p1

• I believe the number of Kinetic Programs we've finished won't disappear after the event. When this event will be hold again in the future, other tiers will released and our progress will continue. So try to finish more than 4 to invest on this medal if you can. This is the only way I can think of why there is only bronze tier.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Optima sends her regards to all agents.

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭

So that means that we'll be able to get silver and gold tiers for Optima in the future?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Can I skip that badge if I complete only one Program or less than 4?

• Good to see another chance for agents suffering from COVID.

BTW, will you consider to hold another Didact Field Challenge, to give China mainland agents who suffered from COVID earlier than the remain world during the whole Challenge another chance to get their Didact Medals? @NianticOfficial @NianticBrian