More challenge to the glyph gameplay part ?

KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Glyph is a really nice part of ingress gameplay, but as we get used to it it become too easy even with complex option.

I would love to see a bonus challenge like as the more you successfully do glyph sequences, the more bonus you get.

And any sequence result mistake reset the bonus.

And maybe after a certain amount of bonus, glyph speed goes faster and faster.

Comments

• I think complex on prime is already pretty challenging, especially on L8 portals

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

For new players yes, but after a while it's pretty easy even on l8 portals with complex.

I would love more challenge on that part

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

What u think of this idea? @NianticBrian

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭

I like the idea, specially the part about making it faster each time, maybe it could even have a new stat for Longest complex glyph streak.

• As a minigame, glyphing is fun.

As a gate blocking your way to gear, and/or walking to the next portal, extending it would be even more annoying.

• Complex had a higher speed on prime before redacted disapeared. That speed, I would like to get back.

It would be nice to see bew glyphs and longer sequences.

• Glyphing is quite easy once you have memorized the glyphs and glyph sequences. It would become more challenging if new (or random) glyphs or sequences would come up every once in a while.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Either that or have another Glyph Command Channel switch, like More/Less and Complex/Simple? Maybe standard is the normal ‘sentence’ sequences and then Chaos to make the sequence randomized, and Stability to revert it back to normal structure.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Anyone remember the Ingress Report video from a long time ago where they teased a Level 17 that could be unlocked with some insane glyph sequence? I was looking forward to that. Alas... [Edit: Found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7KcB1BsFU&t=364s]

I agree that glyphing is quite easy for many people after you do it enough. I'm closing in on 14X translator and the only real challenges are paying attention and not getting sloppy. I'd love to see some sort of bonus glyphing challenge that got something extra if you completed it successfully.

Also, for the love of all that is holy, can we please have a setting to make complex (or simple) a default and not have to enter it on every single hack? I think most people who do simple or complex do it with every single hack, so why repeat it? The same for more/no key, but I can see how defaulting that would be riskier. I've glyphed complex tens of thousands of times at this point.