Ingress 2.66.1 Release Notes

2»

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@InvestigateXM Cheers, I clearly missed that part of the story.

Thanks for the clarification

• I'd love to see the storyling return to "Agents are doing things, and XM companies are producing things" instead of "There's a bunch of weird people in a bubble dimension that have no relevance to the Agents in the world".

Apparently we got teleported to a new universe, or our minds suddenly got put in different bodies so we remember 1218 but live in Prime ... or ... something....

A complete reboot to a story where Agents are relevant to the day to day of the lore would be great. Then they can explain how the scanner has evolved to a point where it doesn't require a pulse to gather data, but is rather passively streaming the environmental XM levels without a timed pulse to interfere with the fields.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately any such story to suggest that is the reason for the effects to be removed is, again, calling it magic.

It won't fly.

The game truly feels empty every time I play. Then OCD kicks in, calling it an XM scanner, when there are no effects to show that the app scans for XM, is not actually a scanner at all.

It doesn't make any sense

But I still enjoy the game at the end of the day.

Short me verbally saying, "boing, boing" to make up for missing effects, that would be loony. 🤣

• pugmasterpugmaster ✭✭✭

I miss it too. Added a cool feel to the game. Like a form of XM sonar.

• EvoldicAEvoldicA ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Android Auto support?? 😁👍

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The pulse has nothing to do about the lore. Brian even stated that this does not mean it's permanent.

I can nitpick a lot about the lore and immersion but the scanner and the lore were never 100%. Once their main focus is back on the story, we'll probably see updates related to it.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

A very relevant quote used during the Nemesis sequence with Umbra's story:

"Magic is just science that we don't understand yet." -Arthur C. Clarke