Something Weird going on with Bluetooth

grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

When I launch ingress while my phone is connected to my car stereo via bluetooth it causes my car stereo to bug out and do random things like change channels or go into the settings. It only behaves like this when I launch ingress. I have a 2017 Mazda cx-5 with a bose stereo system.

5 votes

Can't Reproduce · Last Updated

Comments

• While ingress is played on my Bluetooth in my car, pandora automatically opens, and plays music in the background with ingress on. 2020 Volkswagen Golf.

• Logged into ingress all day, go to car and connect to 2018 Elantra and Panorama to use music while playing and Maps app wants to start doing things.....

Sup with the dog food?

• As soon as you said Bluetooth and Mazda, this made me think of the Roman Mars Mazda Virus (which wasn't a virus, IIRC it was the 99% sign): https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/brh8jm

What device are you using, and does this also happen with any other Bluetooth-connected speaker, or does it only happen with Android Auto or CarPlay? Is it always the combination of Ingress running and Pandora automatically starting, or does Pandora start when you try to start any other app or game?

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Motorola Z2 Force with Android 9. It's funny because it has been happening all week as soon as I launch ingress, right up until I post the bug. Now I can't get it to happen.

• If this is no longer happening, or if it inconsistently happens, then I'm not sure if this is being caused by Ingress or if we'd be able to fix it if it only happens on specific car stereos. I'm not able to reproduce this with Ingress 2.66 on my end.

• Android 11 changed a lot of Audio apps and how they appear when running in the background (side scrolling audio block in notifications etc), so it might not be Ingress related.