Fast Track Spoofer Program: Does it work?

13»

Comments

• Previously the TR's would escalate to customer support. Removing the TR's has increased the customer support load, because now they don't have a filter of Agents saying "Yeah that one doesn't have enough evidence". One of the goals of the change in the program appeared to be so that people don't keep reporting "just to TRs" but to send all reports to Support, so they have a record of it.

So it doesn't seem to me like cost reduction was the primary goal.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

previously: trusted reporter screens the report and escalate to customer support (Fast Track channel), aka a successful TR report

current: general reports are not screened or only to a limited extent. Fewer reports escalated to Fast Track channel i.e. less escalation

C'mon. We do know that customer support does not actually read general reports if the reports are not filed collectively or by Vanguards

• The modern 'fast track' is a form players choose to fill in. If they don't fill it in, the ticket goes through normal channels. If they do, it's picked up by the Ops team for review immediately.

The fact that there's "only" been 4k fast track reports in the last 3 months, suggests that they aren't getting an overwhelming amount of escalation requests.

No, at least not on the table. According to the updated description https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/ingress/?s=agent-protocol&f=about-the-trusted-reporters-program&p=web

It's up to customer support to decide whether to escalate the report (and some categories could not be escalated), not whether you filled in the fast track form or not.

Which means filling track form does not guarantee a "pick up" and "OPs team review immediately"

• It's up to customer support to decide whether to escalate the report (and some categories could not be escalated), not whether you filled in the fast track form or not.

Step 6.

Submit the form with the relevant information. NIA OPS will fast track eligible tickets.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m convinced the program doesn’t work at this point. Very obvious non-human traveling speeds, multiple times, no ban. Might be time to just walk from the game, like others before me. It’s become so blatant I truly believe the agent must enjoy knowing we can’t do anything about it.

Im sure it bans low-level accounts flipping portals and all that, but throw in a long time agent and all of a sudden they’re seemingly invincible.

PS having to do all of the reporting through the app is so cumbersome compared to doing it from a desktop computer.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll try that next time it comes up again, if I decide to report.

Then it goes to the question: who is NIAOPS. Isn't it customer support?

The sentence after the part you quoted implied that NIAOPS is not Trusted Reporters:

"The Trusted Reporters will retain their fast track status and continue to share local intel on suspicious cases and bot farms with NIA OPS."

Which seems proved that I'm right at least partially: reports’ no longer prescreened by TR.

Plus someone enjoys clicking Disagree collectively and comes in to defend proactively when we, who really wants to help Niantic maintain a clean gaming environmental by filing report continuously, point out that "program doesn’t work at this point"(as you said" or is working but not working well (my opinion).

Making it looks like we reporters are the ones to blame. Otherwise why don't they just concentrate on guiding us how to make effective reports and facilitating the communication between NIAOPS and us when customer support according to their internal policy easily drops and ignores additional documents and information gathered by us, rather than finding and criticizing the misuse of inapproximate terms or procedures mentioned by us in forum posts.

• edited February 2021

I thought you were well versed in the process?

In general reference, Customer support is the people who answer every question, harassment claim and correct accounts (Level 1 Support). NIA Ops is the people who delve deeper, manage spoofer threats, work with developers on detections etc. (Level 2 Support). NIAOPSDAEMON was (until they started decentralizing the process), the account that reverted portals and destroyed P8 farms made by bots.

The Fast Track form goes straight to NIA Ops to look at immediately. The purpose is to try and stop spoofers in their actions while they're acting, instead of just sitting in the long queue that Operations as a whole has to deal with.

Plus someone enjoys clicking Disagree collectively 

If you're aiming this at me, I almost never click Disagree, unless I don't post. So if I'm commenting, it's not me.

edited February 2021

When I wrote that reply, following previous reply has already received two Disagrees which makes me speechless because I suppose @ZeroHecksGiven was talking fairly enough. Currently Disagrees are revocated. Whatever, those haters always hate

Even if you said "The purpose is to try and stop spoofers in their actions while they're acting, instead of just sitting in the long queue that Operations as a whole has to deal with.".... after the change of TR we reporters found that NIAOPS do not review our multiple fast track forms on the weekend while old TR channel did. Or someone will say that they do review but they do not send replies or they just have too many to review. That's the same from our perspective, that is, not able or less able to stop spoofers in time. This is one aspect coming up to my mind. Will come back with more comments when I get in touch with new Fast Track more.

Post edited by TheKingEngine on