Ingress Rating 3* in Store

1235»

Comments

• Niantic needs to fix comms. Jumps around, or fails to load when you are checking alerts or activities.

Portals under attack don't notify in your scanner until they're basically dead.

I love Ingress. I want to give it a high score. But, crucial components of the app are malfunctioning.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I notice that, almost all the time when I open comms it doesn't load, I need to move the distance back and forth till it works

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

they said some time ago comm is worked on, needs more time i guess, now that subscription is out i think they are working on it slowly i hope.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I do wonder why it seems to take so long though. By all means, I'm not a developer, so I don't know how any of the code works, but COMM worked before it broke. Wouldn't it be easy to compare the two versions of working and broken COMM and check what changed and revert that?

• Honestly, I think it's part of the way they're using Unity. I haven't seen any examples of real-time updates in scrollable lists in other Unity games. Usually they're either fixed scrollers, or don't update while open.

So it could very well be a limitation of the infrastructure.

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

💙

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

So... you bumped the topic for the sake of one emoji?

Нет, чтоб ты ерунду спросил🤣🤣🤣

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm considering dropping my rating if comms isn't fixed soon. It is more broken now than ever.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

They could just add a home/end button, or a scrollbars, then it won't matter anymore if it's bugged.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

By that reasoning, I should give Ingress 2*

Seeing as 1/3 of the game I love, has had effects deleted, story with live actors deleted and big public events indefinitely postponed.

That would be petty, and I am not going to do that. it is still a solid 4* IMO

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not about being petty, it's about taking actions that are in our power to get Niantic's attention so they improve the product. Comms is an absolute dumpster fire right now. I dropped my rating down to a 3, I will bump it back up to a 5 when comms is fixed.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

its sad too see that comm is more broken then it was before, u can only change distance one time only and force a refresh after that it doesnt work and at most comm lags behind 1 hour vs what u see at top in scanner activity.. boo :(

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropped my rating down to 4 because of COMM. It's a freaking disaster. Actually kind of in style of Niantic: "fix" but break even more horribly. I wonder when will happen first: cancer cure is found or COMM is really fixed.

Android 3.4* 💪🥳🥳🥳🥳

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Still sitting on 2* for me.

Will add:

2 stars when: A low-spec graphics mode becomes available that disables much of the GPU intensive graphics and significantly improves battery life. BATTERY USAGE IS BAD RIGHT NOW.

1 star when: Some sort of adjustments to gameplay make it so players can field locally under fields without breaking the MU score (like an adjusted permanent matryoshka).

1 star when: Anomalies are able to be held regularly without servers crashing. Hexathalons are not valid replacements to anomalies.

1 star when: Global shard competitions are a thing again. I joined 3 years ago, the only shards i've ever seen were xfac. Would like to see competitive shards come back.

Take your pick Niantic.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I think mine is at 2 or 3 still. Was going to move it up, but this comm bug is so bad now. Got a notification so you can defend something? Naaaaa, we’re not gonna let you actually defend, just let you know the portal will be gone by the time you can either figure out how to trick comms into working or you can restart the app.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I think ut get more start now when Niantic move to Unity 2019. Works very good and fast now.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@KonnTower

'2 stars when: A low-spec graphics mode becomes available that disables much of the GPU intensive graphics and significantly improves battery life. BATTERY USAGE IS BAD RIGHT NOW.'

Probably an issue with your device, Prime has very low battery drain on my very old S9

Which I bought before Prime was announced

Since then I have replaced it with something more modern.

• TIP: turning your screen brightness down to as low as you can actually saves a tonne of battery.

'1 star when: Some sort of adjustments to gameplay make it so players can field locally under fields without breaking the MU score (like an adjusted permanent matryoshka).'

This would utterly ruin Ingress, as there would be zero incentive to take down large fields, or even moderate sized ones.

'1 star when: Anomalies are able to be held regularly without servers crashing. Hexathalons are not valid replacements to anomalies.'

Fair comment. Brian has stated that large public events are on indefinite hold. Thanks to covid-19

'1 star when: Global shard competitions are a thing again. I joined 3 years ago, the only shards i've ever seen were xfac. Would like to see competitive shards come back.'

This is something i'd like to see return in some way, though a lot of players in my community were sick and tired of the last shard game. With the dronenet, I am hopeful that the shard game will return in another form

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can find an example in unity for dynamic lists, then it should be doable for the devs.

The main thing to note that it has to sync with the server in real time with in game actions, which is a fairly easy thing to find the problem for in Prime

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not about the framework. the point is how the application is developed. At the moment, we do not see a clear guide on what the company plans in the future. There is no dialogue between all players to determine the future development of the game. A handful of elected ambassadors are not the entire community. The community manager has been hired for more than half a year, then what. The comm is also being repaired for more than half a year. This is not valid for an app rated 4 or higher. Only idiotic updates in the NIA corporate style - in this update we fixed 5 bugs but made 10 more that will be fixed in the next updates. We also added a small menu and two drone models developed in half an hour by our designer. 

• There are zero excuses for comm being as badly buggered as it is right now. If the stock Unity scrollable list doesn't work out of the box, then you write your own. Every engineering team has been faced with similar types of conundrums and you either find a workaround, or you let your userbase get angrier and angrier.

When I wrote that COMM wasn't actually that bad, just a bit annoying in the fact that it started at the top. Since then it's gotten worse and honestly needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch.