Toast Swag

Niantic announced that Toast plushies have been added to the store, they look great and I’m happy to support the company and love some swag.

Only problem is that shipping is $156.01, on top of $24.99, seriously? I live in the UK, not Easter Island.

I, and a few others would love to buy some but when the cost of shipping is 6.24 times the cost of the item itself, I’ll pass...

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

The horrendous shipping prices are probably because of the big sizes and the store being centered around the US. The European shop sadly doesn't have the plushies, so it'll have to be send over the big sea.

pls bring to EMEA shop too thx

• 100%. Give me free shipping and let it take a month to get here, I really don't care. But there's no reason something in the same country - not even mentioning international players - should be double digits to ship.

• Crazy pricing. Almost like they don't want us to buy. Virtual Toast for me.

• caytcayt ✭✭✭

A single lapel pin shipped inside the US is over $15 in shipping. For a $7 item.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Cart Total: $24.99
    • Shipping: $174.43

To Australia. Would happily purchase the item, but the shipping is a total killer. Not happening.

• I won a competition in 2014 and won a big box of stuff from the US because they neglected to specify in the T&C's that it was restricted to US residents. Shipping was maybe $80 tops to ship to the UK (I think I still have the box it was shipped in).

There's no way that a plushie costs more to ship than 8 duck moneyboxes.

• 9 euro shipping on a 5 euro item on the EU store

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

So COVID things again?

Still that is a ridiculous price XD

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Hmm, free shipping on orders over $75 in the US. A few US buyers could easily purchase many and then ship to other countries for the actual cost (packaging and shipping costs).

From the store it shows as FedEx ground shipping for the US. Same shipping price for either item.

Edit

Also currently shows only five (5) of the 15 inch ones available and only seven (7) of the 7.5 inch ones available. Wonder how many have already been sold?

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

+1 for going to buy, but no way in Hades with that shipping price (even in the U.S.)

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Who the hell is their shipping partner on this? I want to know because they're a horrible business to think to charge an arm and leg for even in the same country. USPS has flat rate boxes. Even the size of the plushie is something that wouldn't be expensive to ship.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing $31.96 for FedEx Ground and $124.59 for FedEx International Economy for the 7.5 inch plushie to my location in Canada.

I'm curious what the rates would be after Covid

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Negative, even small items the shipping is horrendous.

$80 USD to ship a single pin from Japan to Australia. The same to ship a tshirt

And yeah 30% of the national minimum weekly wage to ship small plushie to Australia :)

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing much is available to ship to NZ

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Yeah whats up with the prices ?

FedEx International Economy$166.45

166$ shipping with fedex to sweden ? ..... crazy is fedex this expensive or ? why not other shipping options ??

• 3car3car ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

$130 for me. Cheaper than expected, I was expecting $145.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

So dumb question.

This is in the Niantic shop, yet listed on the Ingress forums. Is the money from us buying the Toast plushies going to Niantic or to the Ingress Project?

On a side note, is there ever going to be an Ingress store with Ingress swag again? I'd like to buy stuff, but lack of swag from Ingress itself doesn't help any. I can buy from swag sellers, but that doesn't help Ingress at all.