Bug report section needs permissions?

InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in General

I was just writing some bug reports as the forum threw me out and complains I don't have the permissions to view the subforum. Is that intentional or, y'know, a bug? @NianticBrian

EDIT: It's back, but now the tags seem to be screwed up?

Comments

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a brief blip that just happened to me too, think it was an update to the tags being used or ADA is screwing with Niantic again 😛

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Tags seem to fixed too now. If only there was a way to delete your own thread 🙈

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like a feature request not a bug 😛 kidding I know this is General.

but I definitely agree, an option to delete one’s own thread (like are seen on nearly every other forum ever) would definitely be a big improvement. And for posts that are, say, older than a month or two without any new posts to be automatically closed/locked for new comments so we don’t have old threads popping up to the top after going 6 months to a year with no updates.

• These are really great ideas, IMO. There is a thread for suggestions on improving the forums - I hate to see your ideas get lost in general... can you post your suggestions over here as well? https://community.ingress.com/en/categories/ingress-community-feedback

• I think there was a temporary issue on the Vanilla Forums side that may have caused the permissions and tags issue.

I'll ask our Operations team about these suggestions. I haven't spent much time learning about the Vanilla Forums platform, but apparently auto-archiving or making old threads read-only is something we need a plugin for? https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/377-auto-close We'll look into it.

• Auto-retiring old threads would create what we have right now with the feedback forum though. Where people can't comment so we're recreating new threads in the Bug reports to 'refresh' the bug report.