Kinetic capsule doesn’t work after faction change.

DagannothDagannoth ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Report a Bug

I got a isseu with the kinetic capsule after my faction change.

I’m level 7 again, but the capsule doesn’t count any meters i have walked?

this problem happened on an iPhone with latest Os and the most recent version of Ingress.

edit;

iOS 14.2

Ingress version 2.60.2

how to solve this problem?

Post edited by Dagannoth on
12 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• I have the same problem, I have already done several reports and I am not answered, I still lost the avatar that I had bought a lot before asking for the change of faction.

• I got my kinetic capsule, and it was working great. Then I switched factions, and it has not worked since. It doesn't calculate my km. Can somebody help??

• Hi i have IOS Apple phone, when you reset my faktion i lost my 1331 avatar, and my kenitik capsuel are at 0 when i have walk over 122km, can eny of this be fixed?

i have same problem m8, hoppet for a fix😇🙏🙏🙏🙏

//Hepox

• When I was resistance, my kinetic worked great, I grew seven of them. I switched to enlightened, and my kinetic capsule, stopped working. I does not track my km and does not grow at all. I have an android phone, and the latest version of ingress. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app numerous times, without success. I even logged into account on a different device, and back into my phone. Still nothing! Please help someone!

• Hi,

i got myself a issue with the kinetic capsule, and that is that after i did a faction change with a program in the capsule running..

i finished that one(needed to reach level 6 again first), tried to claim the item, didn’t get the item. So, blamed that on my own choice to do a faction change, no problem. But after that i started a new program, but now it doesn’t count the distance walked anymore.

the system I’m using is:

• IPhone 11
    • Ios 14.4 (latest)
    • Ingress V2.65.1

(wil ad a video later)

• To check off the usual culprits:

1. Are you using the Ingress app for distances longer than 1km at a time?
    2. Is the app open when you're walking?
    3. Are you walking not biking, driving, or phone on Roomba or in a sock?
    4. Are you level 6 or higher?

If all of these are 'yes', then it may be something Support has to unravel.

• Looks there is a problem with kinetic and faction changes, better contact In-App support, Settings-Report problem

In this other topic Brian reseted kinetic capsules for some people.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/12802/bug-still-unable-to-use-kinetic-capsule#latest

• Yes, i have tried to get this solved via the help in the ingress app.. about 2 month’s ago, they would look in to it they say.. but never heart something back.. so, that is why I’m trying it here now..

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

This is a different problem with the thread I started. I saw another bug report that mentioned exactly the same problems mentioned here..I'll try to locate it.

• I have this problem too. I have iPhone.

• Hi, I am using an Android phone, and after changing fraction the kinetic capsule newer start counting the distance, always remain at 0km.

My level is 7.

Best regards

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a teammate who faction changed (reset to 0 AP faction change, not via Recursion) whose Kinetic Capsule no longer seems to work.

• Unfortunately, I have the same problem. After my faction change one month ago I am now back at Level 10. However, my kinetic capsule still does not count the distance and remains at 0 km. I tried to solve this via ingame support but with no luck. Can somebody please reset the kinetic capsule in my account so that its counting the distance again? @NianticBrian I am using the latest version on Android. Many thanks!