[Feature Request] New Stat for flip cards

GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking a lot of the last week since we have, finally, got the feature to see what wayspots are unique.

There is a lot of portals players are probably flipping right now to get their Pioneer badge.

With this knowledge, how about a new stat, please, to record the number of portals flipped?

If it isn't already recorded on the server side already.

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Flipping doesn't count as capturing a portal for the Pioneer badge, does it?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Flipping a portal doesn't count towards Pioneer.

Flipping it, then neutralizing it, then capturing does

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, gotcha. Thought you meant flipping towards your own faction, for some reason.

• edited February 2021

This sounds like a stat for "bursters fired" or "cubes used". Why now?

Pioneer isn't really a sensible use for masses of flipcards. Even well stocked people might only get 100 portals at best.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is why I am suggesting that it be a stat, not a badge.

However, the number of flip cards I regularly use, I'd like to have some way of knowing how many I've used, instead of a mental tally.

Flip cards are very rare, as opposed to bursters which are common.

It is just a suggestion

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

players are probably flipping right now to get their Pioneer badge.

This just sounds like pure speculation. I've noticed no increase in people getting uniques and even upon asking a few locals, nobody is interested in getting a few more unique portals.

The whole purpose of Pioneer and Explorer is to get out and explore. A few measly portals of the same faction colour isn't worth the time or effort (trust me I've done the flipping, destroying and capturing and it's pointless when you can usually go a few minutes down the road to get a whole park of uniques instead of focusing on just a single portal.

Within the personal profile, ADA/Jarvis use would be a useless stat to me and not something I would want to see as a form of an achievement (since it's not an achievement), and seeing it on other people's profiles would be similarly useless and not an achievement either.

• Which is why I am suggesting that it be a stat, not a badge.

It definitely shouldn't be a badge, that would be silly. But it's still a question: "Why now?" We've had flipcards since the flipocalypse in 13Magnus in 2013. I've definitely used hundreds, maybe even thousands of them over the last 8 years, and never thought "Man, it's really lacking a stat for these" any more than I've wanted a stat for "How much gear I recycled".

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a bad idea as a stand alone stat. Surprised it hasn't been suggested yet.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everything needs a stat. There are several stats that we have since 2013 that don't really do much (MU-days?)

• milofargmilofarg ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

It´s not a bad idea to have "aligned portal with own faction", and "aligned portal with enemy faction" stats, but it´s maybe too late now since the flip card feature was introduced many years ago. After all why not - there is the new battle beacon (4 or 5 virus in one pop) counter which so far basically just counts how many BBs that you've bought. There could also have been a "successfully deployed portal beacon" stat to be complete, but again deploying beacons is an old feature.

Post edited by milofarg on
  • EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

They are only "Very rare" if Nianitc will give us an actual % of a chance to hack or glyph them. I get them like crazy. To me flip cards aren't all that "very rare". But to others, maybe so. Lately, common multi hacks drop far less than flip cards do for me. But what does common vs very rare or even rare mean? Not all that much, since we really don't know what the actual drop rate on each item or each rarity of item even is. Until then, common, rare, and very rare are just part of the item name, and not how often they actually drop.

But I will gladly take the stat. Any new stat minus scanning c-r-a-p-o-l-a will be welcomed!

• They are only "Very rare" if Nianitc will give us an actual % of a chance to hack or glyph them.

Last statistically large sample a few years back I saw had them at 1 in 1500, similar to all the other VR gear besides VRMH and VRHS (and VRLA but they can't be hacked).

Obviously, glyphing affects that (the statistical data was pure tap hack to give a consistent baseline).

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Other Stats I want:

How many unique scoring cells I've played in.

How many times an enemy agent has viewed my profile.