Always remember the key to your first quest

IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Investigation

This is a discussion in Essex based off of PACS bio and while im certain there's more behind it, I want to take the time ask the entire investigations community to think about this.

What was your key to your first quest? What brought you into this community and what keeps you here?

I'll start. I think it's well known that Glyphs brought me into lore but the thing that has kept me here is the community. I love lore, there is no question on that, but really I love is how accepting this community is. The way we can dig rabbit holes, create theories, and bounce ideas off of each other is exciting and fun. We may not always agree on each other's theories but we flush it out, discussion, flourish in our own little bubbles that are almost always open to becoming something more. This community is so incredibly smart, caring, and we are always looking for something else to connect. If it hadn't been for investigations I don't know where I would be today in Ingress, because it inspired me to pursue more.

So what about you Agent?

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Funnily enough, it wasn't a thing like an anomaly or other investigation event, but a post on IUENG that shared the link to Essex on TG. I joined without knowing a single thing about the investigation and lurked for the first year or so. I don't know if there was something that made me participate more in Essex, but at some point, it just "clicked". Since then, I have met many friends through the investigation, and to this day it is one of the things I enjoy the most about the whole Ingress scanner conspiracy.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

First Quest, figure out the scanner. I only got started at the beginning of prime. The anomaly where filling empty portals helped the team score (April 2019) and the pre covid iteration of Tesselation after the events of Chicago, including a rainy night going to a local opera house and finding the lesser media.

• I realised something was going on and started to find out after the Aegis Nova anomaly in Moscow, when the ADA came to us with some very snarky Russian. Then I wanted to tell other agents what was going on, so I started a channel, started translating and it was on...