Stuck in Store after redeeming passcode

IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Report a Bug

So after redeeming the passcode for our little Mars drone announcement, my game got stuck in the store. I can't click anything and had to completely shut down game to get out of it. I think this can be replicated by tabbing to another app while in process of redeeming passcode.

Tagged:
7 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

This should now be fixed in Ingress 2.76.1.

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume it was because of the key. Others also got stuck without switching. For the devs trying to replicate this, try redeeming a passcode that contains a key.

• You should be able to skip the animation by tapping the Android Back button without restarting the app.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Thanks for answering Brian. I do have an android and it wasn't letting me do that but I also did a couple things like screenshot the animation and jump into another app for more than a few minutes. Could totally just be my phone being spazzy but I figured I could share.

• @Ishira Which Samsung device are you on? I only tested the Back button on Galaxy S8.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian I'm on a galaxy note 20. :D sorry for the delay.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Screen froze after redeeming the passcode, could see bursters and ultra strikes then the third item wasn't visible but the shine animation behind it played out.

Didn't try the back button, simply restarted the app as I thought it was another crash (which has been very frequent with the latest app version)

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F)
    • Android: 11
    • Ingress: 2.65.1-5b23df20

Also read that other people have experienced the same issue.

This wasn't a problem when we redeemed passcodes with keys during the Tessellation ;P

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it didn't happen during the Tessellation as the redeem animation was still the old one. About half a year ago Niantic changed the animation for redeeming, so that's probably where the bug lies in.

• Also on AQUOS Sense 3 plus, Android 10, Ingress Prime ver.2.65.1-5b23df20

This discussion has been closed.