An interesting interview with Brian

13»

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Doubt they will make that drones will be able to destroy links or make links, but jumping via links and make event based on that or badge is harmless.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me remind you that we do not have drones, we have a view of remote portals with a reduced ability to hack the portal once. A full-fledged drone This cannot be called. So, a toy for 1 day, which is completely useless in 99% of the playing time. 

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

I demand an explanation. As an agent of a secret organization, which I am according to the plot of the game, explain why should I travel along the links using a drone? How will this help to defeat the opponent in a difficult struggle? Just flying because it's fun? but what about the integrity of the plot and perception of the game? We have a war, brothers, not a step back, resistance is useless, enlightenment is flawed, and so on. So why does an ordinary agent need such functionality? He will quickly get bored even by a child of 3 years old who loves various simple games. 

Okay, it would be possible to interact with portals in addition to the hack, I would still understand, but so far this cannot be done and ... what? We cannot extract valuable information from portals using drones. We cannot empower an ally portal with a drone. so why should we fly? 

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Drones become an hourly, because of Bug, here's an additional hack once an hour to get things you can't get from your couch because you did recon previously.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

I say, as it stands, drones are absolutely useless 99% of the time. I can do all these functions given by you without the help of a drone, just by going to the portal. But if with the help of drones it would be possible to destroy the plans of an opponent, or help your own comrades, it would be something different, and more useful. Imagine a Model 2 drone equipped with an additional portal slot that can hold both a shield and a turret. useful? Yes. And no more than 1 drone per portal, so that no one is offended.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

drones are absolutely useless 99% of the time

Not while you're using them.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

The idea of a "defensive drone" is certainly intriguing.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

As part of the interview, I'm told that some words about the Guardian badge were spoken.

That reminded me of this post that I made some time ago.

@NianticBrian could you tell if the "new plan" looks anything like that?

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you can even monitor for capture/hacked/scout portals with drones

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Disagree. Best use of a drone is hop back and forth between 7-8s that you can't get to right now. Pick up +/- 10 pieces of staple inventory you otherwise would have never gotten.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

I don't use drones, but it does help me a lot on certain circumstances where I'd have risked my Sojourner, in desperate need of even the fewest items, getting vision of fake portals that I don't have keys to view and report, etc. If you don't like the drone Mk.1, than it is just that. Yes, my drone is always in my pocket but it is useful when needed. That is enough to say that I like the current Mk.1.

If you don't need it, just don't use it.

I would like to question, are we secret agents? By lore I thought we are playing a game leaked into the Play Store..

• No. You will need a C.O.R.E subscription for at least 6 months. And then you need to also pay 10,000 CMU for mark II and 50,000 CMU for Mark III drone.

Thank you for supporting. 😉