Comments

• edited February 2021

Yay! That is all.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

SO EXCITED!!!

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Update is live for iOS and appears to be working! Stoked!

• atsepicnuatsepicnu ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Finally! 💙

Small detail: less visible under the field. But this is only a cosmetic detail.

EDIT: oh... and after app restart, it will not remember settings :/

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Same here. Under a dying field is even worse to see.

Maybe the rings could be all white, since we can only see one at time anyway. Another possible solution would be an extra layer that hides the fields, just like intel.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the visibility of the ring under fields and on portals with shields on it can be a little tricky. But I'm loving this, being less than 3k away from onyx pioneer!

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian wow.

Just incredible.

From my 5 minutes of testing, there is only one significant issue

Purple rings are too difficult to discern when under a field for Portals Visited

I don't have Colorblindness, but other that do might have more of an issue.

Please choose another colour for Portals Visited. Pink or white? Running out of colours which are easily readable when under a field.

Or have a semi-circle in red for visited Portals but not captured

• So, @NianticBrian , now that we know you can enable/disable graphics how about adding more layers, ie turning off field rendering altogether? How about shield animations as well? Leave the default graphics enabled by default...

This would make playing under fields much more enjoyable for those of us on limited income that can't travel 200 miles to take out these hard anchors ;(

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Cant see visit portals. Please relese shiny ring with spin around portal. More easy to see.

Now we cant see on flight mode or zoom out.

Cant see if i scout portals the rings are to hard to see. Time for Niantic to relese more grow shiny ring we easy can see. With more shiny we get more light on ring and spins around the portal as now make it mutch easyer to see.

@NianticBrian

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't mind being able to toggle the scout Volatiles while under other layers

I believe they don't necessarily need to change the color, but increase density/less transparency will be enough. Maybe making the layer of the marks be over the fields. The way jontebula describe would only work if we where in a inverted layer, like pokemon, highlighting the unvisited/uncaptured. Is is better the way it currently is.

I like the idea, but not completely removing the fields, just the overlapping layers and texture, still leaving a single shadow like it was on early days of prime (one layer big fields where barely visible). Since redacted days, sometimes was pretty annoying being under lot of layers. It it hard to see the streets, portals, links, and on redacted caused massive slowdowns.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a different shape to go along with each color. Blue Triangle, yellow ring, red cross

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic, but can we change to all white? It's hard to see under field.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I don't think any toggles for fields are needed. 1) Remake decay so that it makes fields more transparent like on Redacted, instead of the weird yellow effect; 2) Set the markers z-index higher than that for fields. Problem solved

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue is that the opacity of fields now is already too low, with a max layer rendering of 4 layers.

The return of the texture helped, but not quite enough to increase opacity. At least for my liking l.

Because, it encourages players to go out and take down those fields.

Though even making completely transparent fields won't solve the problem of perma BAFs, in fact it would lessen the gameplay as the incentive to take down the fields also drops.

@NianticBrian and the team know that perma mega fields are a problem, there may be plans in the future to tackle this.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

To avoid the color blindness the visit or capture status could be shown through half circles or 3/6 parts of the circle in addition to the colors.

E.g. Not visited, empty.

Visited half or 3/6 circle

Captured full circle

For the scans an outer thin circle could be a good option.

• @NianticBrian This has been a feature a lot of us have been wanting for so long! But why implement this with only one layer possible at a time? It would be MUCH BETTER if we can have the Visited and Captured layers on at the same time. This seems like unneeded effort to having to toggle between layers. Multi-layers would have been easy enough to enable.

• Great, I'm happy ... you didn't even know how many scans (scout controller) I missed in town :)

It would still like an event for scanning, at least for such 2-3 weeks 😂

• Great!! I will visit places again with this feature to get more captured portals!!

• Finally! I've been waiting for this feature since 2014!

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everyone can scan, such event would not be possible.

• Btw, it would be hreat to have a layer for drone hacked portals too! :)

Events aren't mandatory to everyone. They tried to make everyone happy on EOS with a 3 phase events, with many ways to get the badge, but the complaining was so hard that nobody could enjoy it.

• I suggest that the user be allowed to move the layers icon by pressing for a couple of seconds and moving it to the most comfortable position for it

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Niantic is already working on inverting the filters so that portals we haven't visited/captured/scout controlled are marked. I don't think Brian mentioned an ETA, but it should come soon™

EDIT: Actually, Brian mentioned that the invert is being worked on on intel only. Invert on the scanner is "being investigated", so not actually confirmed for the app.

Post edited by InvestigateXM on
  • CesparCespar ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

There seems to be some discrepancies with the portal marks (ingame and intel)

I'm sitting right on top of a portal currently that shows as visited, but not captured, and yet I'm the current owner of the portal. There is another in my village that i know I captured the day it went live, that also shows as not captured by me. I spotted this when it went live on intel map and assumed it was due to small portal movements that may have happened, but for sure the portal I'm on top of and currently owner of has never been moved at all.

Are these portal correctly tracking? Or is this just a display issue?

Edit: This is a fantastic update though - been wanting this for years and years! Thanks!

• The visited circles would be far more visible if they were drawn after the fields. The fields are flat on the ground so it's the draw layering that's at issue.