How to deal with fake reports against myself?

Hello hello,

to start off, the account I’m speaking for has a “temporarily ban” for 30 days..

the reason for this ban is “offensive behaviour” against other players, they keep getting reports from players for that..

normally responded too Niantic, that it is pure ****.. because, we don’t meet up with other players. Because of that exact reason that they are telling ****.. fake reports and all kinds of stuff..

^ here is some prove..

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on where you are playing, there is a lot of Toxic players around.

Best advice is to not use in game chat if possible

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the name of the agent that was banned?

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Yeah..using COMMs against bad actors will just put you in a temporary ban. I wonder how Lambert has seen 'actions on the field' as a reason for suspension. We had some police involvement and some simply got away.

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

I'm only active in COMMS locally for recruitment, and when I'm away from home to reach out to the local community. There's so much potential for toxicity, I really try to avoid COMMS as much as I can.

• “Dagannoth” banned till the 20th of February, so the month almost passed, so i got that going for me.. wich is nice

• Yea used the comm so exactly 2 messaged, wich resulted probably in the temporary ban..

asked how a other player reached 2 portals were they were busy with roadwork, so the parkinglot in front of it was blocked..

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I've seen non-COMM events result in warnings to accounts where the reason would have had to have been fabricated by the reporter. (ie there was no actual basis to the report and it was made up by the complainer).

Not much you can do other than maintain distance and stay quiet on COMM with such people.

• meanwhile targeted **** threats on comm are ignored

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

It's so sad to see the weaponization of COMMs just to get rid of an agent because it disturbs someone.

• Comms is a very dangerous place so stay well clear. Especially if you have awkward agents in your area.

• Its best to stick to the rule, if the comment isn't going to be received well whether its right or wrong don't write it.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

So the solution OP wants is report back with false accusations too?

To be honest Niantic should not interfere unless the comm message are clearly a threat, swear, menacing, etc. They can't just assume it is hostile based on one side point of view. I think they don't even bother to translate what's being said (based on the warns I got).

Next step is someone get warnings and ban falls because destroyed x portal, or because recharged y. This will be ridiculous.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t say they should have a chance to respond. But I do agree, they shouldn’t just go off one side of the story. If there are messages in comms that break TOS, that should be dealt with. Anything else, take it up with law enforcement.

• No, i don’t want too lose my account.. this 30 day hold is bad enough.. nor, do I want that they lose there account(s).. so I’m not gonna make up a story.

I’m only looking for a solution to not get a permanent ban... so much work lost then. =(

but the only thing i can do is; not using the comm anymore..

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Block the agent on COMM and don't say anything is my advice. Do not even complain on your own factions COMM.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

This, although Niantic has stated somewhere(AMA?) that mass reports do nothing, it also said that it takes how many blocks in COMM into account. So with like 20 multi accounts, you are an instant ‘a lot of people blocked you’ talker the instant you write something in COMM. Pair that up with a lot of people, and heavens will know.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Quote to add an example where Niantic Support does not really look into what happended, but simply send warnings to players who were reported, when COMM ab.user used his multiple sub-accounts (10+) to report maliciously another player (in this case, it's me) who wrote to ask him to stop COMM har.assment (because Niantic Support did not make him stop after endless reports and 6 bans)

We are playing a game where multi-accounter comes to be the king of COMM reporting war as well.

Post edited by NianticGray on
  • ElRond71ElRond71 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Hi everyone!

I do have a similar problem, but that agent has already blocked me in the COM, I recently received a wayfarer ban of 30 days and I can't block him now. In the short term, I expect a total ban of my account coming from him. What can I do? Is there somethimg I can do?

What I just want to block is any activity coming against me from that player. I don't have problems with players in general.

Thanks in advance for reading and answering if possible.

Post edited by ElRond71 on
  • Avoid COMM arguments. They never end well!