Ability fo Recursed Agents to deploy more than one R8

As you know, Recursing looks quite useless now, and everyone is waiting for some special abilities to come for Recursed agents. All those waiting, are also sure that something will happen after full development and enhancement of Prime features.

Thus, I would suggest to Niantic to enable Recursed agents to deploy a certain additional amount of level 8 (and 7) Resonators, depending on the number of Recursions made by an agent.

This feature will reward Recursed agents for their efforts letting them to build higher level portals. This won't affect gameplay, which will still provide equality between L8 and L16 agents (same XMPs power, same inventory), but will only cause Recursed agents to get higher level items more easily (but still every agent, Recursed or not, Enl or Res, will get advantage of higher level portals created by Recursed agents).

What do you think?

Tagged:

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

if you think is useless, don't do it.

• xabelxxabelx ✭✭

Sure, but this discussion is not about the utility of Recursion

Well, you end it asking what we think. I think recursion it's fine that way and don't need any benefit. It's an extra personal challenge, not a job or task to be need a reward. You get a medal, that enough for most players.

I'm not against n improvement if it ever happen, but I will not ask for it. I like it being just cosmetic.

As your suggestion, additional r8 will break the game.

• It's a good Idea.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

"It breaks the game." Just about any suggestion about changes will always bring out that reply. It would help greatly in rural areas where agents are very few and far between. To be able to have access to an L6 portal would be a nice surprise.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

Agree with @Hydraulinski , this broke the game totally.

• AngroxAngrox ✭✭✭

This will break the game. If you want some goodies for recursion you could increase other things, e.g. the item limit. This has not that impact on the game.

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭

A skill like that unbalances too much the game. Level 8 portals with only 4 people are definitely out of the question, the game dynamic would be lost. I would be more in favor of increasing the inventory. Comfortable but does not make the difference in the game

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

You already get the level up kits with a bunch of VR gear in them again when recursing, why do you need more?

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

The ability to deploy 2 L7/8 resonators during special events once or twice a year is sufficient.

Recursion should open up something completely different.

• Everything you do after L16, it's for bragging rights.  imo.

• xabelxxabelx ✭✭

@Angrox only Recursed agents can benefit of increased item limit. On the other hand, every player can benefit of a higher level portal

• as a very rural player that struggles for AP (ill probably never recurse) that would just make playing outside of citties even more frustrating.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have thought this was a good idea when recursion was first introduced but now I know it would be game breaking because of the sheer number of Recursed players.

• xabelxxabelx ✭✭

@grendelwulf Yes, there are many Recursed agents. But how many of them can Recurse twice or more? The situation in big cities won't change much as there are many L8 players, but it would be more effective on little villages or wider areas with few players

• AngroxAngrox ✭✭✭

Yes. The achievement of Recursion was done by a single player so we should start rewarding that player. When you need less then 8 players to build a L8 portal you weaken the intended group dynamic on the one hand. On the other you strengthen the gain of L8 items.

I cannot imagine what other side effects there would be

You can see this as an opportunity to make new friends.

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

No gameplay effect?

In my case this would mean I can deploy a level 6 home portal by myself and have it at 7 as soon as my better half's home, which is almost always when I'm home, essentially giving my a reliable source of sorta high-level gear that I would normally have to organize farms for.

I generally oppose any idea that widens the gap gameplay wise between casual and hardcore players. If Recusion is perceived as useless, just don't do it. In my opinion it's fine just beeing a stats thing.

• Being able to create level 7 (couch) portal alone after second recursion seems a bit over ****🙄

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see a permanent item inventory limit +25 for each recursion.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydraulinski sez: Deployment of two r8 would require just 3 agents (two lv8 and one lv1+ with virus) to make a lv8 portal.

You can already make a L8 portal with just two agents and a bunch of viruses.

• GobiasGobias ✭✭✭

The suggestion to add extra inventory space (+100 per recursion?) is a much better balance. Enough of a carrot to make it always worth recursing without breaking the game mechanics in any way.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be happy if you could buy extra inventory space in increments of 100 per recursion, but only up to say 2500.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think recursed agents should do this... bad idea.... whats next double recuse should deploy x4 r8 to biuld a p7 urself ??

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

Did the game break when they allowed double 8's to be deployed a couple years ago? To me it felt like there was a lot more activity in the game because of the power to deploy two R8's.

• Recursion isn't "cosmetic", I'm unsure if the OP is aware of the lore. It hasn't been 1331 days since recursion was even introduced (player wise). If nothing changes 1331 days after your recursion you're fully entitled to a ****.