Ingress is dying.

Comments

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Prime 'had' the released when it was......

It was behind schedule, a schedule they couldn't amend..

The patch that allowed classic to run on iOS was EOL

Robovm was not supported by android update due at that time.

The anime was already scheduled to air....

Timing around anniversaries.....

• I've already heard Witcher described as a "Store that you walk around in". 😂

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

How we get the free loadout Kit and CMU? We see it in store for 0 CMU?

@NianticBrian

• McDonalds doesn't give out free samples. You don't need to see the merchandise to know it'll be good ;-)

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You get it by paying the subscription. You then will instantly know how.

• AngroxAngrox ✭✭✭

(Sorry for my late answer)

Communication and transparency was most of the time a problem with Niantic. I have seen what happens when you try to organize an event, a meetup with Niantic after it was a company of it's own, when you try to get informations or when you simply got ignored because the Niantic staff know everything better for the town you live in then yourself. At some point you need to make a decision: Do I want to go any further? Is it worthwhile?

I appreciate that you look positively into the future and I really hope (and yes, that's why I am participating here) that you are right and that some of the "old glory" comes back.

• I honestly think part of the problem is the lack of new content we’ve been getting but another issue is that ingress just isn’t easy to get into. Back in the day this wasn’t a problem but as mobile games just get easier and easier and more simplified to the point where some just have you tap buttons while the game plays itself Ingress just becomes harder to get into. While there’s a tutorial now things still aren’t obvious. At first it’s not clear what you are doing and why you are doing it. Then there’s the accessibility issues with prime. While it’s gotten better the button feedback effects could still trigger migraines in some people. We need an option for the old redacted style feedback where the button just lights up instead of having this weird blurred double imaging effect. And finally the contrast problems still exist to some extent. Also it would be good to have an option for higher contrast colors for the UI so it would be easier to see what you’re doing in the summer.

• Lack of content is directly tied to lack of revenue. If you can't pay more than the minimum number of developers, then their primary focus will be on the minimum maintenance requirements.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Headaches, migraines and nausea can be mitigated to some degree just by reducing the screen brightness, a, lot.

Things should be much better when Niantic actually enables 60FPS, as other games have done, and myself noticed less eyestrain, headaches.

New content. More story, more gameplay elements should be more focused now, now that the game is back up to a level of sustainable income. Though we still have a pandemic that will still be around for another 3 years, at the very least.

New Zealand and Australia are able to have public events due to great management of covid-19.

• That’s actually not a bad idea. The events could also be live streamed so that players who aren’t in new Zealand and Australia can see what is going on.

• Maybe we could even have in game objects be displayed in the real world through the stream too! You know kind of like what Nickelodeon did for the super bowl but 100 times better

• You need to develop the game in your region. Attract new agents. Over the past six months, I have brought about 60 new players to the game. 21 of them are still playing, and 7 have already been watered steel 16 level.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree on the social media aspect.

We see Pokemon tweets and Niantic replies.

I am not on FB, but I am on Instagram. Be nice to see the odd announce/post/feedback on there.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I wonder when global challenges might come back, its been a year now since we last had one, is there even any chance we might get those anytime soon ? Those are important to keep the player interest up and many liked those and hunt for a badge, I know many that are bored of the game and dont have many badges to hunt find the game not much motivation to play... We have drones why not do some event based on those? safe to use for most no matter if u home or whatever.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Did you conveniently forget EOS protocol and the reasons for 'effectively' canceling ....

'Whaaa whaaa x can't go out side its not fair.....'

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

One issue that's a bit prevalent in my area is that, new res players will pop up, we will helk them out, but the enlightened players have a nasty habit of following these new players around, either trying to get rjem to flip sides or, more regularly, trying to intimidate them out the game. This is what's making it hard for new players in my area, at least fron a res perspective and honestly, theres nothing that can be done. It was attempted with me too, the forcing me out of the game, but im too stubborn and hard headed to accept the intimidation tactics, I use them to fuel my desire to beat the opposition fairly, but notneveryone has this kind of mentality

edited February 2021

Happens in a lot of places.

Had it happen to me when I started. My wife and I unknowingly annoyed two high level agents having dinner in our local area by smashing portal at restaurant.

For 4-5 weeks we had nightly visit where everything in our area was destroyed.

Would have given up but we had a supportive community, gear drops and a fight to win attitude.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a lot of stories like this and have actually read worse (like criminal actions worse, physical attacks, vandalism of houses etc.). Again, theres nothing niantic can do about it, in theory it should be up.to the local community to sort that stuff out, but its amazing how many people turn blind eyes to what their team does or encourage it (not saying my local res are guilt free, but the ones I interact with we tend to just ignore the enl)

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this has been the big question. The last new stat based medal released was the scout controller medal, in July of 2020. The last medal event outside of the tesselation (since many people didn't even realize it happened) was the didact field challenge, announced a year ago today. There has obviously been some other "events" mixed in there, but for the most part, very quiet. One year Niantic... So much opportunity, what is going on?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian stated that battle beacons were thought out but the pandemic kind of curbed that release.

If I remember correctly, the drones got worked on and launched after they released the battle beacons. I think this is a case where it's nice they didn't abandon the development of it.

Then how would you define remote recharging? It would interesting to have some new form of either offense/defense for a remote portal. The drones are already assumed to be low power so it can't be thought of anything game breaking.

• Remote recharging has existed since the start of the game and remains an ineffective defensive strategy (even though shields are too strong now).

Lorewise it has it's relevance, because it's merely pumping XM into a key which is linked to the portal. You can't recharge the portal without having a key to it which is the remote unlock concept.

I'd actually be ok with Drones recharging the portal they're on in the same way, because you're connected to the portal through the drone, but the vast majority of actions that you can do "while at a portal" should be denied to any remote activity. Recharging is merely maintenance. The hacks of the drones are more powerful than that really.

edited February 2021

Recharge can be very effective defense with 2+ chargers and a portal where some of the resonators are hard to reach.

Some of our local charge so hard I just flip the portal usually or walk around ultrastriking each res off.

(Sometime these are in the b u s h though and you get all scratchy) lol.

B U S H is a banned word? That's UnAustralian!

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I suspect it won't be popular idea, I actually wouldn't be against the drone getting a one off attack, maybe an item you hack with the drone thats rarer than any of the jarvis or adas are, like a 1 in 5000 chance, and can only be done by drone, that when used is like a days decay, so 15% but the drone then returns to you and becomes unavailable to move or hack for 24 to 48 hours. That might seem over powered, but making it rare and only drone hackable should offset that a bit and there is also a downside to using it. It would add a new layer of planning though for certain things, like if there's a permanent baf, a team could get lucky and have 3 of these items, 1 each (i would make it so you only have 1 and it can't be dropped) then they could send the drines up to one of the anchors, and wait till its under half charge and drop these items at the same time

I still wish using the drone would be effective based on how close/far from it. This would make hacking a portal with it not seem like a normal hack. Similar to the remote recharging effectiveness.

I also am hoping that it's current limitation of hopping gets fixed. There's been cases where I get stuck until I have the portal's key.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

How about the bug that allows the Drone 'escape' its cell radius get fixed instead.... 🤷‍♀️

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Alternative definitions of "It" runs afoul of several very TMI things.