Is there a way to get rid of Apex boosts without using them?

HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

My personal preference is to never get double AP if possible. I now have four Apexes in my inventory and have no desire to use them (which gets me 1K AP and blocks me from playing for half an hour) or fill inventory slots with them. There's no other option, right?

Tagged:

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I did that last time. I still got 1K AP per use. That seems to be the minimum, but I would prefer 0AP if I can.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I can kind of understand why you might never want to use an apex boost, but the 1000ap, why are you hung up on that? That's not double AP and I think you can still tell all your friends that you've never gained 2xAP. Or whatever bizarre reason you have...

Sounds like the easiest option is to just leave them alone or send a request to support to see if they'll remove them from your inventory (no idea if that would work, but if they can add things, they should be able to remove them).

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @NianticBrian. I'll leave them in inventory for now and then get mad at them and quietly use them when my inventory is full again.

Nobody ever responded to my question in another thread. If I want to pay more money per month to Niantic is it legit to spin up a second account that never does anything but register and sign up for C.O.R.E? The TOS specifically forbid playing on another account, but if the account only exists and literally never interacts with the game in any way...

I suspect the answer will be no, but I will absolutely do this if the answer is yes.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

If you're so desperate to give more money to Niantic, why don't you help the poor agents all over the world and give them the means to subscribe too?

At least is better than cheating around (yes, I know this isn't a serious question).

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydracyan I've already made that offer to one person today. (-:

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess technically activating a powerup is 500 AP but the double AP makes it 1000 AP. I don't understand the ordeal here when AP is given for beacons and frackers.

My disagree is for the first part. The premium items are bought or gifts, trading back for CMU is just wrong. Also is extremely rare to someone never want to use. Each one with their own decisions, but not using APEX is just weird and he is proving nothing to no one. But is his own choice. I don't think that any kind of exceptions should be made. If Niantic can remove specific items from player inventory, why not missions or badges that are so asked from many agents?

About premium items, I agree that they COULD not count slots in the inventory, but actually not sure if they SHOULD not. With the exception of very rare gifts from Niantic, they're just regular items that you bought at your own will. They provide you AP and game functions just like any other.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

It just occurred to me that they might be monthly and not one-time items. I would love the ability to recycle them.

Do you also don't play from 7 days in the anniversary week?

What do you have against double AP?

• I understand what you are saying @Hosette . You just want to earn every drop of AP through actual play, right? I've heard the same thing from other players, you are not alone in wanting a way to recycle the Apex.

Hope you guys aren't recharging anything for last year too.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydracyan I don't quit playing completely during double AP periods but I slow way down. It's been different for the last year, but it's pretty common for me to regularly load up on bursters and go on massive smashing runs to clear out areas. (That's how I got onyx purifier before platinum builder, and double onyx purifier before onyx builder.) During double AP I typically go into maintenance mode.

It's my weird quirk that I want my profile to reflect my achievements. Double AP feels like playing on easy mode.

But you know that double AP won't change any of your profile badges, right?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydracyan Yes, I understand how badges work. Double AP makes me feel like I'm getting credit for effort that I didn't actually expend. I'm well aware that this is my own personal quirk.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

@Hosette if I could I'd take all your apex. Would make up for all the x2 AP events I missed out on because of my travels to the bottom of the world....

• I'd lean way more towards this:

Premium items would be great to not have take up space, Especially since i run a lot of events in my community, i carry a lot of Beacons which clog inventory, but I don't want to get rid of them since they're useful in the cases of organising meetups and indicating key portals for events.

Since they are a premium item and often bought with real currency (outside of level up gift apex, and community given beacons), Maybe a solution would be to have a premium locker like the keylockers? where we can store these items without taking up inventory space?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I know a few Agents who want to earn every drop of AP - they playing during anniversary double AP, but that's been like a thing forever, and affects all agents equally. Apex are viewed by some as P2W. Personally- don't care, will use Apex, will use frackers, it's part of the game now. I am sympathetic to others having different views though.

Ability to recycle Apex should be allowed. If you recycle something by mistake, tough? We've (all?) been there and done that, keys or once I accidentally recycled my X8s.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

With the exception of very rare gifts from Niantic, they're just regular items that you bought at your own will.

I currently have 44 items in the "Boosts" category and didn't pay for a single one of them (well the last 5 came from the subscription, which you could say I did pay for, although really they are perks rather than items I paid for).

How many powercubes, reaonators, xmp and media you have? Niantic never gave you items like that too?

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Double AP during an event is the same for everyone, so yeah "playing on easy mode" but it's still part of the game in general.

Still, I know what you mean. My personal quirk is a "no field engines" rule. That to me is playing on easy mode. So these days although it's unusual to have more fields created than links created, it's not ultra rare. But my 15,903 links and 16,707 fields were made without ever deliberately destroying a field I made unless there was actually a stray link from another agent that needed taking down. (I am never ever getting the onyx Connector medal...)

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a double prompt to recycle premium items? "Are you sure? Y/N" --> "Are you really sure? Y/N." It's kind of on them if they delete it after that.

I have no desire to recycle Apex, but there have been times I wanted to recycle fireworks and beacons.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

And you can easily use the premium items too.

I'm against the ability to recycle premium items. It's risk to add a feature that might cause to someone missclick and recycle it by mistake, or a newcomers get rid of it for not understanding it and regret lat. At least far easier to happen than the amount of players that want it just because they don't like to use it.

Until a solution for your problems came, i suggest you guys to just activate the items. And if feel guilty for earn the AP for it, take one week off the game, to lose the extra AP you got. And as far as I know, most of those pack were offered as a 0cmu on store (I guess the subscription was the one atuomated), so you guys had to manual picked them...

• So as outlined above, start them off when you go to bed. Problem Solvered.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm well aware of the use them and turn off the phone trick and I did that last time I wound up Apexes. I would love to dodge the 1K every time for doing that if possible.

• Why would u? I love using apax