Discussion - Coming Soon: C.O.R.E. Subscription

Comments

• If we pay for 1 month do we receive the badge?

Would it then stay if we didn't continue paying?

• ChopStiRChopStiR ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Currently on iphone but have preordered the Galaxy s21 Ultra. If I subscribe on the apple device, will I have/receive all the same benefits when I log into the Samsung? I don’t mean a duplicate of cmu/loadout received but rather will I be able to collect the monthly cmu on the other device. Will I still be offered rewards when using the other device etc?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I hope the medal remove if we stop pay. It is very easy to see if agents pay or not if Niantic relese the medal remove if we dont pay. I feel more agents pay to hold the medal in profile.

@NianticBrian

• I believe that @ofer2 mentioned that this scenario was one of the issues they had to fix before they could release it. You'll definitely have all the features etc, but you wouldn't have been able to cancel the subscription without going back to the iPhone.

• ExBruteSquadExBruteSquad ✭✭
    edited February 2021

The 2,500 CMU grant does nothing for me to be honest. I rarely frack because there are rarely L8 portals for me to use them at. Nothing else in the store interests me.

The 500 capacity expansion is nice. Does the 500 capacity expansion disappear if I miss a month? If my CC expires and I neglect to update my CC information? Do items disappear from my inventory or would I simply be over capacity until I use those items over 2000?

What exactly is Agent Codename Flair? Do I get to use emojis and or wingdings? Can I upload a sound file that plays on other agent's scanners whenever I attack their portals? That would be pretty sweet to be honest...

I think other amenities like priority access to support, portal nominations being given priority and so on would be good ideas...

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

The subscription flairs are these little things:

They work like the Recursed flair, they show on resonators, mods etc.

• ExBruteSquadExBruteSquad ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Thank for explaining flair @InvestigateXM. Now that I know that, I would only purchase the monthly subscription if I had the option to turn the flair off. I wouldn't want to somehow be judged or treated differently because of my flair.

Post edited by ExBruteSquad on
  • The presumption is that your inventory cap would drop, and so you'd be unable to hack until you brought it down. There's no way to pick which items were in the "extra 500" in order to remove them.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I buy more than one subscription for the same month?

• Additional revenue = more developers = more time to focus on the various things that need improvement.

• K4CharelK4Charel ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Could also just be more dividend to share holders. I just want to know what I get in return, and how this will be handled the day I won't be able to play because of Niantic.

• Right, that's why I am asking - I do not want to presume or assume anything. I want to hear it from Niantic.

Same goes with your "Additional revenue = more developers = more time to focus on the various things that need improvement" comment. Yes, it makes sense that additional revenue could and should be used to increase Ingress development, but that is something we need to hear Niantic state.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

I like that idea in general that agents who want and can - now have an option to donate some money to Ingress further developement in a subscription way. But,won't that +500 place be the same imbalancer as itoen-?

I feel more pay if Niantic take the medal back. Now i feel lots of agents only pay 1 time to get the medal. Please relese medal remove if we dont pay. Help to see if agents pay for subscription we see the medal in agents profile. If agents dont pay the medal remove. Soon we can know after 1 moth if agents have subscription then the medal dont remove.

• #moneygress

How can agents know if the agents pay for subscription if the medal and C.O.R.E. Agent Codename Flair dont remove if agents cancer subscription? We must know it if the agents have 2500 inventory or not. We cant know when the medals dont remove.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

[Insert all the heart emoji here.] I'm really glad to see this come to fruition!

• Thumps up!

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Instead of taking the medal away, maybe change it if someone stops paying? (Make it go dark or something).

I do see it as a plus for players actively paying to be recognised for continuing contributions. Or will the flair on player name go?

I see your reasoning, but some of us have already thrown a lot of cash at Niantic and we don't get badge for that.

Maybe a badge for "has spent some dosh with us".

Don't get me wrong, the new additions are fantastic news, this post is more in line of suggestion/fine tune than crying.

Well done Niantic!

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Lol. Same, if you count airfares, charters, accommodation, boat hires, comms gear etc.

I think a lot of people will throw cash at the game, if given incentive.

You could just buy cmu?