What would you want to tell the new Ingress Community Manager?

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

In this thread - https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/128056#Comment_128056 Brian mentions that Niantic are working to hire a new Community Manager.

As part of the Ingress community, what would you want them to know? If they checked this thread on their first day on the job, what things would you want them to put on their “to do list”?

Tagged:

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Whoever will fill Krugs shoes must i hope will be just as passionate and caring as he was about the game and connecting to the community. I never met him sadly but i knew his reputation by both teams how much he did for ingress. He made the AMA a thing to look forward and getting info straight from niantic. I hope we can get back to those days. Also events and things to engage new and older players is something we need so the game can grow and not lose more players due to corona and other factors leading to people quitting the game. Perhaps the subscription is around the corner so that game can stand on its own feet hopefully and bring in some cash to niantic.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever the time comes to be moving on, don't compare anyone in the player base to "rhetorical terrorists". It shows a lack of thought towards all of us.

• I would like to see in this post a comment from @RedSoloCup

• They need to recognise that agents submitting missions put a lot of time and effort into them and they deserve better than a cursory rejection email with no proper guidance on what the reviewer has an issue with.

Their rejection reasons appear totally random, eg banner mission set of a historic university building with all portals being on campus rejected for ‘image having no relevance to portals’.

If they continue to expect agents to contribute free content then they should show a bit more respect for those of us who want to do so.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

To the new Community Manager,

Please create an independent evaluation system of Ingress community groups wherein its members can give feedback on its community and the community leaders’ performances. The evaluation process can be done through the use of Surveymonkey or other similar survey app/tool. The feedback process encourages accountability and improvement of areas which will strengthen the local community and Ingress Prime.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. If you are here to basically copy and paste things like support does, please quit, that'd not what anyone wants, its insulting

2. Engage with the community, dont justbsay "i hear you" properly engage, even if its just to give hints to stuff down the line, or if feedback is given fromt eh community, say how niantic reacted to thst feedback

3. Run polls for things people actually want in the game (and try to get agents who are playing to know about them too through the news feed) so that when features are being discussed by niantic, the people playing its opinions are also put into the mix

• 1. Do the exact opposite of what the last community manager did.

2. Let Biff touch your beard.

• TunkelTunkel ✭✭
    edited February 2021

I would tell: back in the days, 05Feb'21, was the best day ever, 2 great features were released/announced and you got hired too late to promote&celebrate this miracle... Now you need to wait 6 years for a similar event.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Susanna Moyer when? 👀

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

You are right, @NianticBrian, I was overstepping the mark on that one, and I apologise. I would edit my post if I was still able to - in fact I was planning to do just that after seeing the subscription package, but the forum won't let me.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't Need to be a road map, but, you could say " we have these ideas, what do you guys think" or "this is in the pipeline for the next couple of months, assuming all goes well"

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Getting feedback from community directly on something u plan or want do and u would get majority that says this doesnt seem like fun would give an idea back to the team that maybe wasting resources on something that community wont like can save you valuable time and resources on doing something that in the long run wont be worth it. Things like that would be good to do, even do polls or something on things and ideas you got but dont know how community responds, why not ask the community and players directly then ?

Why waste something on idea A when community rather want idea B or even C.. ?

1. Bring back AMAs.
    2. Communicate with the players, even just to acknowlegde they have been heard.
    3. Play the game.

That would be my main 3 things I'd wait for a new GCM, playing the game would imply understanding the community, which could have been a 4th point.

Also I'd want to say good luck, we're a very demanding community, and we have high expectations, but we also know when to thanks people and recognize their efforts (or at least I hope we do), so be sure any step toward more communication will be appreciated.