Black screen with sound of game

When I load up Ingress I see the Niantic and Ingress logo. I then have a black screen with sound of the game behind it. I have forced stopped the app. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted phone. Nothing works. Help! Please.

Tagged:
17 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Ingress 2.63.2 should fix the black screen at login on 32-bit Android devices. We're still investigating and working to reproduce the black screen issue on 64-bit Android devices.

Comments

• edited January 2021

Same problem here since 2 days (black screen after start, music is playing, battery saver is working, no input accepted).

I also uninstalled the App several times, reinstalled it, restarted but nothing helps. Sometimes red error message appears "scanner deactivated, unkown position" ( or in german "Scanner deaktiviert, ungenauer Standort"). Pokemon Go instead is running fine.

Playing at Xiaomi Mi A3, Android 10, Ingress 2.61.3-a841de4f

Post edited by PromaximusGK on
  • Pokemon Go and Wizards Unite both run fine on same phone with same Google account. I have been playing Ingress since it was in Beta so this is very frustrating

• And I have portals to charge!!!!!

• Issue has rectified itself

• Did you change anything? At me the problem still exists :(

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

i had this when my phone switched location to gps only for unknown reason.

Corrected by going back to gps and wifi (no location make the make stay black)

• Same problem here since 2 days (black screen after start, music is playing, battery saver is working, no input accepted).

I also uninstalled the App several times, reinstalled it, restarted but nothing helps.

Playing on a Samsung S5, Android 6.01, Ingress 2.63.1-a91bc0a5

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe its because the phone is so old and outdated android version ??

• I have the same problem black screen but Pokémon go and wizzard work perfectly I use

• Do you fixed or still same problem I have the same problem

• I'm experiencing the same thing. I've also tried the same things. Also installed on another phone with same behavior

• Works again now after about 24h. Haven't done anything since the last post.

S10 with latest Android 10 btw.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

latest update seems to lock out users with 32bit phones.... s10 is still very good .

• Now it suddenly works fine. Don't ask why, I changed nothing since my last post ...

• Same problem here for 3 days as described by @Bregalad

I also uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it, no success ☹️

A factory reset of the smartphone was carried out and the app was reinstalled, no success ☹️

Hardware / SW release: Samsung S5 / Android 6.01 / Ingress 2.63.1-a91bc0a5

Same problem (even after a factory reset) on an HTC One M8, Android 6.01, Ingress 2.63.1-a91bc0a5

• Estou com problemas no meu jogo carrega o game mais fica com a tela preta com o som do game jogo no celular Samsung Galaxy j 5 Android 6.0.1 o que eu faço?

• I've seen this on another agent, but I've got another agent with a S5 and it works. Also I've see Prime still working on a S4. Not sure what's causing it. Cleared cache and storage on prime, then uninstalled and reloaded and still didn't work. I'll have to check and see what the difference is between the 2 different S5's.

• Yes, please check and see what the difference is between the 2 different S5's. Thank you in advance.

• Same issue here : Galaxy S5 SM-G901F, Android 6.0.1.

• We have a couple of locals reporting same. Game starts, goes to prime screen, but at point globe animation normally appears the sound continues but screen is black and game is locked.

Appeared with 2.63, reinstall doesn't solve. Only consistent thread is it seems limited to older low end phones.

No work around, these users can't play. Pogo still works.

• I think there may be multiple issues that are resulting in a black screen at login. For Agents on 32-bit Android devices (these are primarily Agents running Android 5 and 6), we have an update that is starting to roll out now with Ingress version 2.63.2.

For Agents on 64-bit Android devices that are seeing a black screen, we're still investigating and trying to reproduce this. If you see any game UI or features in addition to a black screen, that's also helpful to note. Thank you.

• I have the same black screen problem since the 21st Jan. According to the official report we will fix the problem installing v. Ingress 2.63.2  but I cannot find that upgrade anywhere.

• I upgraded yesterday to 2.63.

Starting today after lunchtime, on my two phones, (BlackBerry Key2 on Oreo and BlackBerry PRIV on Lollipop), Ingress opens but :

• on the scanner I do not see the roads or the portals / links / fields
    • In my inventory the portal view is blank. (See attached, only the title and postal address).

Please help ! :)

• Portals are back ! No streets, but I can play. So relieved.

• I upgraded at midnight and had to restart the mobile to run it. It does work properly now. I feel it a bit lagging but it might be my hardware as well.

So far, so good. I feel rested now. 😁

• I still have this bug. When I switch off the internet connection, I can see a message:

I also receive push notification, but I still can't play the game.

Android 10

HTC Desire 20 pro

• Upgrade to 2.63.2-dcad5640 solved the problem on my Samsung S5 (SM-G901F)

• Same problem here since 14h (UTC+1) ,all worked fine this morning.

Xiaomi Mi9 - Android 10 - Ingress v2.65.1

• NiulenNiulen ✭✭✭

Same Problem.

Samsung S20 FE 5G

Newest Ingress Update

• I'm having this issue today on Pixel 3 XL. Toggling location services, restarting the device, reinstalling from the play store don't fix it.