Coming soon: January Special Event

Agents, get ready for a monthly cadence of Special Events with a variety of special features for each month. From Friday, January 29th 5PM UTC to Monday, February 8th 5PM UTC, the following features will be enabled:

• Reduced cool-down time of Drone Mark I from 60 minutes to 15 minutes
  • Double AP for all Glyph Hacking
  • Double deploy of L8 Resonators
  • Reduced Kinetic Capsule distance for newly run Programs, from 8km to 2km 
  • XM color on Scanner Map changed to snow white

This event will not have a Medal nor new personal stats added to the Scanner. Please note that for the reduced 2km Kinetic Capsule to take effect, you must activate your Kinetic Capsule Program after the start of the event, as the reduction will not be applied to Programs in progress. To help illustrate, if your Kinetic Capsule Program is at 3.5km/8.0km when the event starts, it will not be reduced to 3.5km/2.0km. The reduced distance will not be retroactive; you must complete the existing Program and the reduced distance will be enabled on your next Program. 

Boost your gameplay by picking up the Kinetic Starter Bundle and the BOGO Kinetic Program Bundle, available for the duration of the event. 

• Kinetic Starter Bundle (0 CMU): 3x Rare Link Amp, 3 L4 XMP, and 3 L4 Resonator
  • BOGO Kinetic Program Bundle (2,000 CMU): 6x Rare Shield, 6x Rare Multi Hack, 6x Rare Heat Sink, and 6x Rare Link Amp 
  • *Buy one get one free is applied to the original quantity of Bundle. BOGO Bundles will contain the second set of free items for the price of one.

In addition, new Wintergreen and Winterblue Medals are coming to the Ingress Store to enhance your winter mood. Show your Faction pride through the Winter medals (2500 CMU per Medal), also available only for the duration of this event. Will you choose Blue or Green, or both? 

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet of distance from other people). 

— Ingress Team

Tagged:

Comments

• Yep, al fin medallas aunque falta la competitividad ✌️💪

• New event. Awesome! And more AP for Glyph Hacks too.

Can't wait for it to start.

• Monthly Special Events!

That's great, and no mandatory participation is excelente. People who want a badge to remember the event can get it for a low price.

Absolutely loved it!

• Great to hear there will be commemorative medals! I will get both thank you!

• GrukzGrukz ✭✭
    edited January 2021

Happy to get an event but lack of medal for the event and the presence of a paid medal is disappointing.

I wish there was a small challenge by which players could have got the badge of their faction by completing it and those who are not able to do so now due to the current situation can buy it.

It's sad to see a lot of new pay medals coming out with no new free medals coming out.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

Monthly events? Sign me up!

If they're easy to run, I'd like to keep having them even when the pandemic is over.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

As always, would love to see the medals require something to "earn" them, even if I'm paying for them. Some set of simple tasks, 25 drone hacks and 25 recharges? Otherwise, looking forward to stacking some SBULs.

@Bihotz lets track kinetic caps and glyph points or something. Hoping to do two caps a day. We can have some fun with this!

• InerasIneras ✭✭✭

This is the way to go. Events keep players interested and engaged.

I'm excited for what's in store—in both senses of the word—for February.

Thank you, Ingress Team! I know it feels like thankless work sometimes, but know that there are fans who appreciate your efforts.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the event.

Keep the mini events coming

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Thank you at least a little love for ingress !!

(double r8 is quite boring though.... 😝)

• New events, eh?

Excellent!!!😁😁 Thank you, @NianticOfficial !!!

And I can't wait to see them all, first!!! First come, first served!!! And I'm gonna hack them all with Drone Mark the first!!!

And this time, the covid-19 vaccine has just getting started and this spring, the covid-19 pandemic will come to an end in worldwide!! 🌎

Oh! and thank you, too, @Truthseeker

• Good évent, R8 X2 👀

• invazorZiminvazorZim ✭✭
    edited January 2021

Una manera excelente de juntar fondos con cosas que gustan a los agentes (medallas).

Deberia de existir una medalla para el dronenet (medalla para únicos, así motivarian más el uso de él) o la kinetic capsule.

Los mini-retos por medallas no deberian de desaparecer ya que los vemos como pequeños trofeos que dan gusto ganarlos.

Los BOGO kits están excelentes, pero estarian mejores si fueran con articulos usables no hackeables como frakers o battle beacons.

Algunos agentes estamos anciosos por saber más hacerca de la suscripciones y sus beneficios y costos en el scanner.

@NianticBrian

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, but most of those were part of anomalies events. Now, with the Halloween, 2021 and the new ones they officially give in to random collectibles instead of achievements. There's 18 achievement badges, plus some rare events ones and now garanteed 12 collectibles each year. A 2 years profile will have more collectibles that game achievements.

I'm not against, actually is a good opportunity for Niantic to generate revenue, since most players will buy. I just wanted to say that this is taking away the feel of achievements. Maybe they could be separated, just like the anomalies are always on top.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

when will badges show ? im curious how they look so i can plan purchase.

• Some rule changes to look forward to every month sounds great !

• Nice, I like it! Good to see "corona proof" events without achievement badges (for those that can't play for whatever pandamic reason). The cancelled one was a good event to be, but at the wrong time ... this is a superb sollution. Maybe i might even buy the Winter medal, just to support this kind of events.

• So, no medal again for the poor souls 😂