The Ingress Report

SK8ZIONSK8ZION ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

We need it. Now that we have been without it for so long, I feel its absence.

The report was a chance to broadcast what was going on in the XM war around us, and connected us all once a week. It immersed us. Showed us that this all was real, not just some mobile game. We were part of the conspiracy, we were making a difference. Inspired us to get out a grab a piece of that 'Ingress Fame.'

Additionally, it would be a great propaganda machine for Ingress Prime. As it is now, what agents know about Prime is what they read online, and we know how tepid those waters are. Seeing it on the screen can be spun any way K. Owens wants.

I enjoy the lore videos that are coming out, but...and this is a weird criticism...they are too well produced. Those videos need to be made from hacked cell phone cameras and CCTV feeds. The really nice in-front-of-camera filming should be saved for a production worthy broadcast like the Ingress Report.

I hope this message finds you all well! Hack the planet!

P.S. Seeing a Prime Susanna Moyer or the original Sarita Hayes take over would be awesome!!

Comments

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

I think Niantic was hoping that some enterprising agents would take up the job themselves.

I imagine it gets a little expensive hiring an actor and doing the editing and graphic design every week. I certainly wouldn't be against subscribing to it and paying for it... Like a dollar a week or five bucks a month or something. Have it only be accessible through the scanner as an undroppable media item. Otherwise I think we are going to have to do this ourselves.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Contract with Ione Butler (Susanna Moyer) ended. I don't think we'll ever get something like that back especially when the game has shifted into presenting information via different narratives.

• I remember. I was hoping that one day I would make it on the ingress report and then that day came and went with five or six other times. Super cool to see your local team. Make the report over and over again!