Coming soon: Drone Hack Weekend event

Comments

• No event medal or drone hack stats medal...smh

• Finally an event, but no medal. Sorry but without a medal this is just as boring as the drone itself.

• Yayyyy love that we have an event AND that it’s completely playable from home!

yeah a medal would be nice but I’m just glad to have an event that’s safe for us to play right now, and I’m real hungry for cubes right now some come on Agents let’s drone hack!!

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Surely it should be “May your heart be your guiding portal key.” Though a Keyblade shaped like a Portal Key would be odd, but now I’m way off track of any Ingress talk.

• Este evento ya se realizó de manera no oficial por algunas comunidades e incluso fueron más entretenidas, sería bueno un incentivo, medallaaaaaaa!!!!!

• So many posts asking for medals but they gets dislikes. I've yet to see any post saying the reason those people don't want a medal for this event or drone stats in general.

• "Moan moan, whinge whinge, it's not fair, doesn't help me."

Thanks Niantic. I really need some cubes! Hope you're all well and safe wherever you are.

• Really? No Medal, no Stat. What for?

What prevents you from releasing a medal for this "event"?

Okaaaay, i'll hack one time....

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

more would care global treshhold if there was a badge to win by hacking, they could do a low number so anyone with a drone and portals in range can get a badge... better then nothing ? or we wait another year before a global challenge that give badge how fun is that.. what is best i mean ?

• Thanks for the event. It gives something to concentrate on while playing.

As for a medal - why not create a ‘mini-event’ medal. Set goals on all mini events for bronze (1) silver(2) etc and set point levels in the medal where you get 20 points from combined events for bronze 50 for silver etc.

This would allow Niantic to produce a mini event every 4-6 weeks to increase participation.

Just a thought.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Just an FYI, you cannot call the game app, a "scanner", when there are no actual scanning effects.

• 😂 be glad we have SOMETHING to do... This game's about dead, appreciate whatever event we get at this point

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's interesting indeed. So many posts begging for medals, but perhaps it's important to ask the question in reverse first - why should there be a medal for doing hacks from your couch?

This "event" is not interesting, is not competitive, has no consequences and has not being delivered via the lore of the Ingress. As shown by others, a very small number only need to do drone hacks for everybody to get the benefit of extra cubes.

Niantic promoting Apex's for drone hacks is completely stupid, you can do two hacks in the time of an apex and gain what, 0AP or 200AP (for hacking opposing portals) or probably about 1200AP for glyph hacking opposing portals. It's still much better value to buy the 8 pack of Apex rather than the BOGO two pack.

At least Niantic are doing something to promote something in the game, that's a positive step forward. But is it worthy of a badge, no.

• Riz6IDRiz6ID ✭✭
    edited January 2021

no medal that's okay.

can't wait for the next event🤸🏻

Post edited by Riz6ID on
  • It would have made so much sense to introduce some new drone medals (number of hacks, number of unique visits, longest flight etc) related to this event, especially when a lot of people still are more or less forced to stay at home because of Corona.

Flying the drone is an activity where the whole player community can participate, regardless of local health guidelines, unfortunately there is nothing to show for it.

Instead there are just two medals related to scanning, where you have to visit a lot of different places many many times.

• "Implantar um ressonador com Dronenet" hmmm... Seria interessante se o dronenet podia ser melhorado até o nível 8, com funções remotas, seria uma mecânica da hora de combate, taria avisando nas atividades COMMs(Agente capturou portal com Dronenet).

(Agente estabeleceu um link com Dronenet)

(Agente estabeleceu um campo de força com Dronenet).

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

That event would be far more enjoyable if we were able to see previously visited portals...

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll give you the #1 reason Niantic should be offering a drone medal or two, even if it means agents doing something from their couch.

Niantic should be offering drone medals to help keep the game relevant. It’s obvious Niantic wants people to play this game and to hopefully spend money. What better way than introducing a medal that will, at the very least, motivate people to open the Ingress app once an hour. The game is horribly stale currently, we haven’t had an event based medal in almost a year, people are growing weary of it all. It’s almost embarrassing to me they haven’t taken advantage of this, especially as PoGo sees weekly events.

it’s time for Niantic to evolve and not give in to all the OG gate keepers and work on attracting people to the game instead of hoping a subscription will save their hide.

• Where is the update on where we are in this event?

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Check the news section, in the app. There is no time stamp, so the numbers are kind of irrelevant, but we are 79% to the target.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I also want a drone badge, dont understand why seems covid will be still for another year so means no global challenges until 2022 and no drone badge or anythign to motivate people hack a little more even home if cant or dont want go out much? why deny us new badges.... ofc game is stale at the moment nothing fun happens, look pogo weekly events nonstop going to keep people play and spend money ingame and game nets bilions of dollar yearly... thats a fact.