POC recognition

Dear Niantic.

I love a good first Saturday event (both actual and virtual) and I’ve been the resistance POC for over a dozen events now. I enjoy working with other agents to plan missions, build (and rebuild) in game communities and showing new agents how to do stuff. It’s quite a lot of fun. It’s also a lot of work and with swag, cakes (remember cake?). Some months it’s a struggle to get the time and money to do it. In our area there is a small team of committed individuals who always step up to take the reigns though. Other areas aren’t so lucky.

With that in mind could I suggest a tiered badge for agents who POC official events. It may swell the ranks of those willing to take the lead and boost event numbers.

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You might not be aware of it yet, but you're not a POC.

• If you’re referring to POC as person of colour. Then you’re making an awfully big assumption that I’m not.

• I get what you mean. Though when submitting the request for an event you are asked for an Enlightened POC and Resistance POC. Granted that’s from Fev Games. But it’s still the correct term for the local organisers.

It's not. The correct term is faction leader, either ENL Leader or RES Leader. Anyone can self plocaim itself as an IFS organizer, even cheater. It's a voluntary thing and your prize is having the IFS in your location.

As Perringaiden said, POC is something designated by Niantic (and it's temporary), it's not self proclaimed.

If the IFS form from fevgames is saying POC it is incorrect.

edited January 2021

I was referring about the meaning you proposed (point of contact), because of course I know that both of us are persons of color. I've been of colour green for 4 years and now I'm blue.

• Ahhh you beat me to the punchline

• Fair enough.

• ShilfiellShilfiell ✭✭✭

I agree that a badge would lead to all sorts of trouble and we as organizers should continue to receive the same FS badge we enable for our communities, but it would be nice to have a stats line or some sort of metric to show for our efforts. The planning, execution, and verification of these events, over ten hours per month, is invisible to most participants - especially with IFS@Home.