App Feedback - Lack of medals

Fortnite290Fortnite290 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in General

Suggestion of new medals

I was researching some medals, mainly the suspended ones (Seer, Recruiter and etc), I thought of a medal that favors the agents of level 7+.

I was unable to define a good name for the medal, but its description is:

"Create missions and be completed to explore locations"

5 agents who completed their missions - Bronze

25 agents - Silver

100 agents - Gold

250 or 300 agents - platinum

750 or 1000 agents - Onix

In other words, a medal that counts when an agent completes the mission of the other, helping and favoring the location, such as stories and knowledge of people, objects, culture and etc. regarding the area.

Now the rest is a medal you can get in any way:

Another medal would be "The Collector XM"

"Collect XM in your area"

1,000,000 XM Collected - Bronze

2,500,000 XM Collected - silver

25,000,000 XM Collected - Gold

100,000,000 XM Collected - Platinum

1,000,000,000 XM Collected - Onix

and the last medal that would be "Remote Exploration"

"Hacking unique portals via Dronenet".

12 or 10 unique hacked portals - Bronze

48 or 50 - silver

96 or 250- Gold

*** or 500 or 750 - platinum

*** or 1000 - Onix

Post edited by Fortnite290 on

Comments

• edited January 2021

A medal for missions being completed by others sounds nice, but guaranteed it would be gamed with people creating trivial missions that their friends complete quickly, before making a new one their friends then complete, and everyone doing it for each other.

XM collected is relatively passive, so Niantic tends to not do them. That's the same reason for not having the deeper Destroyer badges for neutralizing portals, destroying links etc. It's inherent on destroying resonators that you would destroy links too. Whereas deploying resonators doesn't inherently generate links and fields. XM collected is inherent in using a cube to have energy to recharge (a badge), deploy (a badge), destroy (a badge) etc.

As for Drone badges... IMO anything that incentivizes drones over actual play is a net negative for the game.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

a badge for drones i find it strange we still dont have.... or kinetics completed.

• Why encourage people to sit at home? Agent, it's time move.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

dont see the harm in it, if they dont plan to remove drones even after covid there is no reason not to have it, everyone plays this game different.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

The semi-cancellation of a recent event leads me to believe something like a drone badge is exactly what this game currently needs. It's an odd one because I'm guessing Niantic wants agents to open the app and play, so what better than having them do it every hour to keep that drone moving. (Unique Drone Visits)

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Seer and drones are the ones I care right now.

• The creation of the event leads me to believe the Ingress team wants us to get out and actually do stuff. The cancellation leads me to believe that they're more worried about negative reactions than evaluating actual risk to reward.

I'm not sure how to respond to your response. I'm not debating that fact that there is risk, that Niantic needs to be careful or that I'm even upset that the event was "cancelled." Niantic may wants its users out and about, but it's obvious offering any sort of event that might require someone to do that, is going to be frowned upon by Agents who probably still went out and took advantage of the 4xp AP anyways...

I'm trying to say, they're missing an amazing opportunity to have people opening the app every hour to move the drone and work on a badge, from their home or wherever they might be. I'm thinking most app developers would love to find a way to get its users to open the app every hour, 10+ times a day. I know when I did my 100km flight, I had a 60 minute timer set on my phone....

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭
  • the kinetic medal can be called in homage to William Thomson (Lord Kelvin)

• milofargmilofarg ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Some medal proposals that I think would increase the competition, or benefit the community part of Ingress.

1. Being among the top 3 on the winning faction Score list at the end of the septicycle locally / globally

2. Being among the top 3 FS participants locally / globally

3. Being the first to submit new ideas or bugs that are implemented or fixed

4, Helping Niantic to coordinate live or virtual events

• The first one is easy to automate, but the septicycle is quite hard to unbias these days. The second is easy to game by bad actors. The last two are far more subjective and we already have a bunch of badges that can't be progressed because Niantic has abandoned those ideas to the past. (Intel Ops, OPR Live, NL-1331 etc)

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

We already have sit at home badger. It's called Recon. (I'm sure yours is locked tho, right?)

A few more wouldn't hurt with the current world events. Having a Drone badge wouldn't be half bad. Unique portals drone hacked or Drone Hacks (total).

• edited January 2021

We already have sit at home badger. It's called Recon. (I'm sure yours is locked tho, right?)

That's specifically not a "play the game" badge. Same as OPR Live, Intel Ops and EAW.

EDIT: Also, in the original proposal we specifically said not to make a badge for it.

This would be the perfect opportunity for someone from Niantic to step in and at least acknowledge they're listening, acknowledge there is something in the works or maybe even tease something. But alas, silence....

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Some new medals would be fun, not everyone can or want work for the scan badges....

• Fortnite290Fortnite290 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

@milofarg good idea agent, being top 1 in The regional Cell would be extremely difficult, only highly experienced agents would compete for this in the metropolitan regions.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

At the very least there should be at least one Drone Badge and one KCap Badge. And a Traveler's Badge.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

An XM collected badge would be a copy of recharger badge. Using a powercube adds to that XM collected stat.

Missions by others really depends if it's possible for that stat to be grabbed from the mission creator - really would leave a salty test for people who have done missions since they started in 2014

My issues with cells is Niantic is having issues with providing exact locations to existing portals. If they can manage to get unique portals captured/hacked shown in the scanner, then cells visited could be added. The other issue is cells haven't really been used much except for a checkpoint display in the past few years.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

I believe if there is a stat for it, we should have a medal for it.

• Niantic has said multiple times that they won't do that for some stats, because they're inherent in existing badges. Such as Purifier covers destroying portals, links and fields, because the only way to do so is to destroy the resonators.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Perringaiden That's silly. Fielding includes linking and building because you can't field without portals being built and links being thrown. You can't get MU without throwing fields so we can just eliminate all of the building badges in favor of Illuminator. You can't build or destroy without hacking portals for gear so we may as well get rid of Hacker and Translator.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so why do we have drone stats in scanner if no badge, whats the point ?