Portal hacking streak

Hi! I hack portal everyday and last day I hacked too, but now I have streak 0!!!!!!!! WHY??

Tagged:
3 votes

Intended - Not a Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you hack before 24 hours of the last hack? If you hack in the morning on Day X but wait until the afternoon on Day Y you lose your hacking streak since it’s been more than 24 hours since you hacked on Day X.

• I hack portal always at 19:00

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Even a one minute difference could be why your hack streak ended. If you hacked at 18:59 on Day X and 19:01 on Day Y, sorry but you’re too late. That’s why it’s always better to hack at least twice per day, once in the morning and once in the evening, or two points far enough apart (noon and midnight, etc). That way you have a buffer and will ensure you keep your streak.

• Sorry, not a bug, hack often.

• Ok, thank you!!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

hack always daily morning and evening and u should be ok.. i passed 1500 yesterday and now we have drones i dont see how ppl can miss this...

•  Thanks for asking @IvyGamerCZ, Your hacking streak could get reset if there was a gap of over 24 hours from your last hack. Please try hacking the portal more than once using Dronenet to keep up the sojourner​​​​​​​ streak.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Always hack twice a day, morning and afternoon to ensure that Sojourner keeps going

• c1b3r7c1b3r7 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

05:57 AMI'm trying this again through my ingress game app. I set my phone alarm at 7am &7 pm to move my drone and hack. I checked my stats 3 days ago and they were reset to zero. Please don't keep giving me the same canned answere about needing to hack every 24 hours. Because I have been!!! I know you can look at my account and hacking streak in particular. SO please do so!! My codename is c1b3r7. My ingress email [REDACTED]

Post edited by blueeeeeee on
  • Same thing here. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. I have kept a strict routine using an Excel Spreadsheet (see screenshot below), and my current streak counter is stopped at 261. According to my Spreadsheet, I reached 261 on Saturday January 23, which means it did not register any hacking/re-charging Sunday January 24, and I know for sure I was moving drones and re-charging that day.

My player name is K1ng0le.

Please don't tell me there's nothing you can do to fix this.

Thanks.

• K1ng0leK1ng0le ✭✭
    edited February 2021

I guess INGRESS don't care to fix this issue other than reminding us to hack daily (which is what we're doing).

I am in same situation FOR THE SECOND TIME, and I'm ready to quit EVERYTHING NIANTIC. I have been a generous supporter of both Pokemon Go and Ingress, paying for coins often, but that will stop now.

For some reason it did not register my hacking / re-charging Sunday 1/24 as it's stuck on 261 (this time). I keep a strict routine and have a spreadsheet that shows uptodate numbers. I should have reached 264 on 1/26. I know I hacked and re-charged on 1/24 as it's a Sunday, and I am more active on weekends.

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭

I just check daily that the number in the sojo medal has updated after hacking (sometimes it takes 3 hacks to do it) so I have no input for you regarding this (unless you just moved the drone and didn't hack). But recharging doesn't count towards sojourner since October 1st.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/12276/updates-to-temporary-in-game-changes-on-thurs-oct-1

• What??? Recharging doesn't count towards Sojourner anymore? That would have been very nice to have seen as an important message popping up in Ingress. I don't read all the updates for all the games I happen to play, as I am busy with RL.

It was my understanding the recharge-towards-sojourner was put in place because of Covid. As far as I'm aware, Covid is still very much out there.

Regardless, I am pretty certain I did a drone move/hack Sunday 1/24 as that is pretty much part of my daily routine.

Anyway, it's their game, so they can make whatever changes they feel like, just like it's my phone, so I can choose to play or NOT play whatever game I want to. I've been buying coins for Apex, Cubes and special medals to support the game, but that's not going to happen anymore. Some glitch (or whatever) caused my first Sojourner to end at 506 days, and now it's kicking me in the face at 261 days.

Thank you Niantic!!!

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was keeping my sojourner I checked it everyday to see if it went up...

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Well, they published it in the forums, their Telegram channel and their Twitter afaik. I think they used the same channels they already used when they activated the special COVID changes so it should have reached you the same way the other news did. And yeah, it keeps hitting hard in many places and it is something they could have kept. But they are trying to improve the lack of communication with us, they are using now the new News Tab in the Comm that doesn't notify you about new publications.

And I'm sorry to say that even if you did a drone hack, it may have been at the wrong time. It all depends on the time your medal ticks, Sojourner medal does not work with the calendar day that starts at 00:00, but with a 24 hours period from your first hack.

It may be your first hack ever in the game if you haven't lost the streak. If you lose it, I think the important one is the first hack you do after it being reset to 0, but I'm not sure about this because I still keep it, anyway, I'm sure someone will answer and clarify it for us.

So for me, it ticks in the night, thus I know I have to hack before going to sleep (after the tick hour) to make sure I already keep my streak for the next day, but if I'm not able to do it, I know I have the whole next day to do it.

But for you it may tick during the day, so perhaps you did hack at 13:30 on January 24 while your medal ticks at 14:00, so it would have count as a hack for the previous sojo day. And if you didn't hack again until the next calendar day (Jan 25) and did it after 14:01, bum, there you go, sojo streak is lost cause you didn't hack on Jan 24 during the period you had to (the hack should have been done at any time in between Jan 24 after 14:01 to Jan 25 before 13:59).

If after all, you did hack when you had to, it could have been a hiccup or lag with servers or something like that and I have never seen them restoring a sojo streak, so my advice is to try to relax and try to locate your sojo ticking time so you can keep track of the number and check that it ticks when it has to.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic should get rid of this system and just made it anytime during the day.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

As always, you should always at least hack in the morning and evening.

It is too easy to miss a day because of one day you were late to hack by 5 minutes, I have known players who have lost their Sojourner because of this.

For some reason the stats do not sync to the server at the same time as the hack occurs. But doing a recharge, somehow forces a sync. It is for this reason that I take a.l mental note of the hack counter and Sojourner counter, before and after Hacking to ensure that Sojourner ticks up, when it doesn't, a portal recharge usually syncs the stats.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

u must always hack atleast morning and evening so if u do this by routine i dont see how u can miss your sojourner streak. and we have drones now also for more hacks.

• Thanks for your replies.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure most people have other things that needs done and/or they want to do in real life, so even though Ingress is a cool game, it can't be expected that players have to play multiple times a day because of occasional glitches in the game registration of hacking.

I know it doesn't start at midnight, unless of course that's when you did your first hack, so I've always made sure to do it after lunch, as that would work for me since my first hacks (twice now) have been in the morning.

The fact that Ingress support flat out refuses to add a missing hack count to players who've missed a hack because of a glitch, makes that glitch harder to accept. This is supposed to be a fun experience, not a zero-tolerance punishment for a broken streak caused by a game glitch.

Again, I've lost my streak twice now. First at 506 days and now at 261 days. I will NOT be going for the red wings on my Sojourner Medal any more. I will now skip as many days playing the game as I feel like without losing sleep at night, and I am done paying for stuff in the store in order to support the game.

#NotTheBigIngressFanAnymore

This discussion has been closed.