2021 wishes/wants for Ingress

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

As we start a New Year, what are you wishes/wants for the game in 2021?

Mine are:

- Unique/un-hacked indicator for portals 

- Progress bar for Portal Scans

- Some of those teased un-named benefits from recursing

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't look like you acknowledge that Ingress is primarily about team fight, not about FFA (I'm talking about Hexathlons) or about PvE (NPC factions, God forbid).

• Community supportive gameplay tweaks - COVID isn't going away but we need more reasons to work together locally. It's too easy to play Ingress solo and ignore your own faction, even when focusing on the field game. Why put in the work to build a community when you can just do everything solo short of building P8s?

Now is not the time for this though. In fact, now is the time to bring back double 8 deploy until countries see significant reductions in cases. 4 people are far more likely to act in concert, than 8 right now, so it would help community, not hurt it.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Seer back.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? Are you not seeing enough Pokémon Go garbage nominations? Seer was the third most awful badge, right behind Guardian and Recruiter

edited January 2021

The amount of garbage from Pokemon isn't related to the effort and recognition that an Ingress player deserve for his contributions.

There is currently a limitations on how many proposals you can submit, you think it will be worth wasting it just to seek a badge? It would take 17months to submit the requirements to achieve platinum, plus the review time that could be more that double this time, not counting the amount of denied.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Seer was an awful badge, and bringing it back would just encourage more people to submit garbage in the hopes of getting the badge. There would be even more shenanigans in trying to get portals/pokestops approved. Best to just leave it dead.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

140, but where I live, nominations don’t get reviewed without an Upgrade applied. I have nominations going back many months. I don’t care about nominations though, so I’m not a good candidate for this question. Plenty of other people have significantly more.

You answered yourself. So let people who care about nominations to judge if seer should or not came back. You're just mad for seeing so many of somebody else's garbages on wayfarer and yours not getting through.

Today, It wouldn't be viable to grind/abuse this badge.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I’m not mad. I don’t care about nominations. It’s just a terrible badge and has bad incentives.

but I disagree with most things you post on this forum, so I’m not surprised.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Low-spec performance oriented graphics mode I can enable which gives us improved battery life /speed. I don't need fancy graphics. Also will let you gain back some old players who couldn't run prime due to phone specs. Make top down 2D a thing again.

2) Balance pass on keys, quantums, building constant fields with little work.

3) Once a week "raid pass" where you can double deploy on up to 2-3 portals. Get 4 people together for beers and an 8 farm. Need to limit distribution of these to once per week.

4) Allow microfielding under existing fields (limit link distance to prevent large underfields)

• Huh? I think double deploy of 8's does count as a community supportive gameplay tweak and is certainly not mutually exclusive with anything else in that comment. But also, the post was asking about a 2021 wishlist, not a January 2021 wishlist. I support bringing double deploy back until cases go down but I also hope we get some other gameplay tweaks over the next year.

• I think double deploy of 8's does count as a community supportive gameplay tweak

In general times, it's counter productive, because it allows smaller groups to stay independent of each other. Four people is a family who can build 8s and ignore the rest of the community, Deploying double 8s as a couple makes P7s which many people can play from completely independently.

Double deploy is a general negative in terms of building larger communities and teamwork.

However, right now is not the time to be attempting to bring larger groups of people together in person, as a community. Tweaks to force people together, at least until the end of 2021 and far wider vaccine dispersal globally, should be avoided. I completely support virtual community building though, which is something players can do irrespective of Niantic's tweaks to the game.

• Sorry, I should have clarified in my post that I think it's a supportive tweak because of covid, I don't want double 8s in normal times either for the reasons you mentioned.

as for thinking there's no way in person interaction will be realistic all year--it depends on a lot of unknowns in the future, obviously, but there is no reason to write off the possibility. If cases go down substantially before the end of 2021, which I think is likely but not a given--I support these hypothetical tweaks! If not, I don't support them. Simple as that.

• Double deploy in 'normal times' implies an inability to find 8 people. Allowing 4 people to build an 8 is an admission (once life gets back to 'outside world times') that the community isn't coming back. If that's what Niantic want's to say, then sure.

Right now, 8s are a real struggle in most places, largely because people aren't playing.

• I'm not saying that in-person interaction will be impossible all year. But for a global game, the 'lowest common denominator' needs to be taken as the baseline for when they can start doing things that will force or even encourage people to gather. Different parts of the US may be fine by July (anyone saying April is way over optimistic), but the same can't be said for many other countries, especially in areas where the vaccine hasn't been bought by the million doses already.

• Not sure what you're arguing with at this point because I literally just said I don't support double deploy as anything other than a covid change. I thought that was pretty clear but sorry if it wasn't.

You don't need to have 8 people at same time to build a lv8 portal, and neither it is that useful.

IMO double r8 cause wholes neighborhood being full lv8 with 4 shields, making it impossible to be beaten alone, making the game incredible boring.

Want to make the game easier? Increase drop rate of higher weapons and cubes.

• jjavierjjavier ✭✭✭

- limit to remote recharging a portal to avoid forever fields and restore guardian badge.

- chase users who cheat by hacking the gps. recommend not to use rooted phones.

- each portal has a survey to evaluate its legality. If among the users who visit it per month it has more negative evaluations, it should be eliminated. If a portal is not visited by anyone in 1 month, its removal should be reconsidered if it has complaints of illegality.