Progress bar for scan uploads?

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t do that many in the other Niantic game with scans, but had an old task hanging around and noticed you get a progress bar.

Don’t seem to get one on Ingress. Is it possible to add one? Usually I just put my phone to the side and check it later but a progress bar would be appreciated.

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Sad to see you didn’t get a Niantic response. Sucks that we don’t get one when scans are used more in this game (for the two badges and scout controller).

• In my opinion, seeing a scan progress bar would only be a visual improvement, it does not affect having it or not in the scanner.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to that, it would also be nice if the upload later window could show the number as “xx/xxx scans uploaded” as things are being uploaded.

Admittedly, I upload scans as I go because I hate losing scans to an error message and the fact that I have enough data to make it feasible. The option would surely be useful to a lot of those who choose to upload later.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

A progress bar would be useful, especially if it checked each scan to make sure it was sent through fine before deleting the scan from the phone.

I would also like to see a list of scans available for uploading, including their run-time and filesize. Give us checkboxes so we can select which ones to upload, or delete and allow us to retake specific ones.

Context for the last one is you may scan something like a playground or fitness equipment, and somebody just jumps on while you're scanning or whatever, making the video recording really awkward. If we happen to go back, it would be good to rescan that one scan. Otherwise, at the moment, Niantic just get an inferior scan and as there is no method of improving this, that's all they are getting.

• but it is assumed that the quality of the scan one verifies it when doing it. If you are not completely satisfied with the wayspot scan, simply delete it and do it again and you can load it instantly or save it to load later and after this the scans are eliminated from your ingress application.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't delete an individual scan if you've already selected to upload it later. You can only clear all.

Besides, at 12k for Onyx Scout Controller I'll do my best to get a good scan, but I'm not going to actively return to portals to scan them again. That's why I suggested it would be good to be able to re-scan portals in the aforementioned scenario.

• I agree with having the system verify that a scan has been uploaded before deleting the scan data from your phone. I had an instance where the game froze during upload requiring a force close. After a relaunch and finishing off the upload I found that I had to redo the scan that was uploading at the time of the crash.

Also on the rare occasion when a particular scan throws up an upload error, having the abiltiy to see which one it is and being able to delete it from the queue would be great. Right now all the scan data queued up after the corrupted scan is effectivly lost as the only option is to clear all the remaining scan data.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

pogo has more devs and resources available i guess thats the reason.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

But I'd think the code could easily be copied to Ingress, with some UI changes, of course

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Scan uploads interfere with photos and nominations.

It would be nice if they all had later uploads and the progress bar converted all 3 types of submissions.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

This finally came into Ingress. Now about the “Upload Later” for Nominations…