please delete this useless thread

GallifreyanPGallifreyanP ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Ingress Community Feedback

Please Delete this thread

Post edited by GallifreyanP on

Comments

• GallifreyanPGallifreyanP ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@NianticBrian @NianticCasey are the trusted reporters supposed to be deliberately making personal judgement calls are as a group deny spoofer resets?

If the vanguards are allowed to make calls based on personal feelings and not on actual facts, this completely undermines the purpose of the system, with the Vanguards able to play favourites and deny requests for people they dont like, or for portals or links they dont want restored. Im not sure that'll was the purpose of this system.

Theres a handful of difficult to reach, sata phone only portals that wre spoofed down (i dont care about the links). I request for them to be restored as permitted.

edited December 2020

Van Jeffery, you despise me and your personal feeling on the matter are very well known. You blocked me on telegram and I've blocked you over 20 months ago. There is absolutely no way in hell that you would have reset anything I requested.

• VanJeffery and I both blocked each other from contact over 20 months ago. I would not have expected her to contact me anyway. There are other VanGuards.

edited December 2020

edited December 2020

• With who did you raise these reset requests? Certainly not with any of us. I am the VG that handled all the Oz resets in the past year and a half (and the bulk of RES resets in total), and I haven't seen a single reset request from you. Not one.

Also, we volunteer our time and effort in logging these resets. I have watched you repeatedly cross spoofed lanes while I was busy gathering reset data. Some within 20 minutes of strategic portals/links being spoofed down. This is not a personal opinion. It is fact.

So quite frankly, I do not see why we should log resets for you when you sabotage them for others.

• Saying that you crossed spoofed links to prevent them from being used against you is , quite frankly, insincere. This is not a new or isolated occurrence. You have stated yourself that you will cross lanes when they are open, regardless if they were spoofed or not. You have also stated that you will not take down links either.

edited December 2020
  • The scanner thingy doesn't handle resets.

Once again, this is not the only instance of you blocking spoofed lanes. You have done so for months now. Several instances. I have been watching intel over Canberra for a year now. I'm well aware of what's going on there.

edited December 2020

Please delete

edited December 2020

Please Delete

• I have seen your statements regarding your justification for crossing spoofed lanes. And quite frankly, it's not this.

edited December 2020

Vanguards useless

• Its okay @Azhreia

I understand. The VanGuard system is a volunteer run NIA programme with people that will make judgement calls based on whatever they feel like doing at the time.

If they personally don't like someone, their playing style, or whatever, then they just don't bother.

I won't bother with reporting any spoofing activity or requested resets in the future because the system is broken. I was warned by others not to expect anything from the VanGuards, I am disappointed to see they were correct.

edited December 2020

Please delete

edited December 2020

This game is broken, people are quitting in droves and spoofers are running the show. Either you treat all requests equally, or don't bother with any. Vanguards just pick and choose what they want to restore anyway.

• Given the hundreds of hours put in to combat spoofing, I've never not reached out for a reset for a personal judgement. I have never once refused discussions with someone until I blocked you after you became abusive. I have only ever blocked two people on telegram. I think this thread speaks for itself.

• VanJeffery i never abused you.

We had a difference of opinion and I was unwilling to discuss the matter with you as you were not a disinterested party in the matter. The ongoing abuse I received from the wider RES community was supported the "leaders" and totally focussed on driving me to stop playing., to the point I needed invention for sucidial thoughts. Over a frigging game.

Ive only ever blocked 2 people as well.

I had been informed that Vanguards work for NIA and were the "best of the best" and are open minded and non judgemental. Im not seeing it.

It doesn't matter, I know now that VanGuards will not reinstate spoofed portals for people they dont like, and get to pick and choose which ones to do. Its unfortunate that the game which I used to love so much is just full of hatred and pettiness (that's not aimed at you personally- the whole ACT/NSW region is a cesspool)

• I've reset plenty for both factions. I was the one that spent hundreds of hours working on it with Krug to get it kicked off. As a vanguard we have always been told we can engage as much or a little as we want and assist as we can. We give our time to make the game better.

As for Canberra, VGs have worked tirelessly to help everyone in that region. It's unfortunate the spoofer is still going. I know first hand how much it degrades communities and it's why I pushed for a reset program in 2017. As I said in my first post, it's been raised and requested that a person reach out to you. That isn't a decision of service but a request that it be handled by staff directly.

• Im sure everyone is very grateful for the work you did to get it all going.

I dont know the mechanics of it or how it works. All I know is Ive raised quite a few and have never been contacted by anyone.

Canberra is fighting a losing battle. The spoofer is vindictive and he won't stop. If my blocking the spoof lines is just causing issues I'll just stop doing it, doesn't seem to make much difference now.

• @VanJeffery

I spent Xmas day thinking about this.

If the Canberra area can't defend itself by crossing those particular spoofed lane, then NIA and the VanGuards needs to be able to deal with the spoofer and his activities in a much faster and more effective way.

I wasn't the only one crossing the lines, there was a Xfac team of both RES and ENL doing so because we were all sick and tired of being under spoofed BAFs for days on end waiting for NIA to reset things, only for another spoofed BAF to go up within hours of the old one being removed. For the first time in a very long time locally we had both factions working together

The methods being deployed requiring reset back to status quo are being exploited by the spoofer, and the net result is more spoofing and more players leaving the game.

Do something. Be innovative. Make the Castle and Mount Gudgenby unhackable for the time being, or not be able to drop keys. Think around corners and find something that will work, because what is being insisted that everyone here does by not blocking up the lines used by the spoofer (he has very little imagination) results in more BAFs and more frustareted agents of both factions.

• Correction, the xfac blockers didn't cross spoofed lanes. Only yours did.

I'd also like to point out that we VG have no access to NIA systems, so not sure what you want us to do to "deal with the spoofer and his activities".

• I 100% agree more needs to be done. If I had a magic wand to fix it, I would. If it wasn't an incredibly complex problem to solve it would have been solved by now I'm sure. But to assume it isn't an important issue for Niantic, or that vanguards haven't been advocating for players for years would be incorrect. And vanguards will continue to advocate for solutions to these issues. Yelling at vanguards won't change that but none of us have to continually be berated by you We do understand and do empathize.

Cheating sucks. It ruins the game. But I hope you found time to detach yourself from this to enjoy the day with family.

• Correction. There were several ENL links that crossed northern spoofed lines. Mine were the only ones that crossed southern the western ones because of where I am physically located and the keys that I have to portals in the other sides. I had general support across both factions to do what I did in relation to trying to stop the spoofer. 

• Agree that spoofing in general is a complex and difficult issue to address.

This spoofer however, NIA already has the tools available to cripple him. He uses Mt Gudgenby and The Castle as his baseline exclusively . Mount Gudgenby is unable to be reached as the area is closed off until 2023. The Castle might be as well, but there is thousands of keys in circulation already not to be a concern. NIA has the ability to manipulate the output of a select portal (volitiles etc). If he can't get a key to the anchors, he can't BAF us. This spoofeer is consistent in the way he operates and what portals he uses.

• I think that's a naive solution that doesn't take many things into account. If it was that simple, it would have been solved.

• It may very well be. But you can't ignore this spoofer has done 97% of his spoofed BAFed using the same baseline. Sometimes complex issues can have simple solutions. And it hasn't been tried. Just doing thr same thing over and over again hasn't addressed the issue and hasn't stopped the spoofer.

I truely hope NIA can figure it out, but I'm not sure they can. Meanwhile Canberra is STILL under a spoofed BAF.